Greatest Storm in History Coming Today

by Amazing1914 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I agree with you completely on that, Talesin!

I just do not buy into the JW view that God is allowing a child, (the human race) to undergo a dangerous operation that will be for its ultimate good. It all makes NO sense at all.

It makes no sense to allow terrible suffering to take place. The JW point, that the world would be better without any evil has been proved over and over again. The fact that the evil still takes place proves that there is no purpose to allow all this suffering.

And, if God purposely messed everyones languages up, because they would be able to accomplish anything if they all spoke the same language with no divisions, then he, ON PURPOSE allowed humans to, and even caused humans to fight and kill eachother.

So, what's he up to?

Makes no sense to me!

• talesin
    talesin

I am recalling the episode of The Simpsons, where Lisa is growing a science experiment in a petri dish. Somehow, she gets transported into that little world, where her 'creations' worship her as a god.

I wonder if that is what happened.... we are just the product of a little "Q"s (ref ST TNG) science experiment run amock. It makes about as much sense to me.

tal

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Qcmbr,

As a side note, human pollution does not cause earthquakes and their resulting tsnumais. Pollution does not cause volcanic eruptions, which of themselves, can cause more pollution than all human pollution combined over the last 100 years. Pollution does not cause lightening and its resulting fires, which have burned down hundreds of thousands of acres of forest, destroying sensitive eco-systems, and killing many people. Lightening is our number one killer. God created these systems. So, are you saying that the death and destruction caused by his works is okay with you?

Just so you know, I am Christian and accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I just don't know how to answer with convincing arguments these issues for myself or others.

Jim W.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I can't but off all the blame towards God. As much as I believe he has the power to adjust things, when we take into considreation the pillaging of the planet, the destruction of the rain forrest, causing untold ecological damage, the burning of these forrest causing atmospheric changes and disturbances in the eco system, air pollution with untold billions of pounds of filth that makes its way into the atmosphere from so many industrialised nations. All of this destruction comes as a result of man's having no understanding with regard to his home. We are new in understanding the sciences and technology. We've come a long way very quickly, we're still so far behind the times that it is impossible to comprehend just how much we don't know. Many of these natural disasters occur because of mans being totally out of sync with the laws and physics of the planet. Cause and effect are more the reason as to why there are such powerful destructive forces that wreak havoc with our world, not because God doesn't give a shit. Think about all that we have done to this planet as humans, nuclear fallout from a time when atomic & hydrogen bombs were exploded on the earth's surface in mass numbers back in the 40's, 50's & 60's. Though theses things were several decades ago, we're still going to have to answer for that energy that was spilled into the atmosphere, regardless. Somebody's got to pay for that. If we take this side of the story that God in his infinite wisdom could save people from such mass disasters such as this, he would have to save us from the small and insignificant ones as well. Disease, starvation because of drought, the hunger that's going on in Africa and the world over, the thousands who lost thier lives on September the 11, 2001, the list is endless. I don't expect God to step in and micro-manage every miniscule situation that's a problem on our planet. Even these are small when you look at them in the grand scheme of things, the big picture. God would have to be a genie, a magical being that goes around twitching his nose and fixing every little thing that went wrong if that were the case. Art

• Satanus
    Satanus
    God created our planet and its weather systems, which include hurricanes.

If indeed there is a god in the works, perhaps it isn't as smart as it is given credit. Also, not as loving, if at all, not as caring. Are the continuously distructive forces, whether a hurricane or one galaxy ripping apart another, or an animal ripping appart the body of another not indicators of a serious flaw in the reasoning that support the bible god idea?

S

• JH
    JH
    Considering that lately science seems to be blaming any unusual weather on "Global warming" caused by man.

Even when Jesus was around, some 2000 years ago, he had to do a miracle to stop a storm. It wasn't global warming.

• talesin
    talesin
    Just so you know, I am Christian and accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I just don't know how to answer with convincing arguments these issues for myself or others.

Jim, does this give you pause?

I'm curious. After debunking the JW faith, how do you reconcile blind faith in a doctrine which you admit has no convincing arguments in its favour?

(not being sarcastic or malicious, I really don't get it, and you are such a good 'reasoner')

tal

• shera
    shera

Confusing world this is....

I still belive in a higher power and I am very spiritual,but religion and the way man has made God out to be.Is messed up.

I often wonder if man has made God out to be more then s/he is.Just a thought...?

I am one of those people that cannot phantom nothing comming from nothing.Do believe in the big bang but believe another lifeforce was behind it.O.K gonna shut-up now before I sound like a quack and a freak.LOL!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Why do we let God off of the hook? Why can he get by with mass murder, and not be called into account? Why does our God instruct us as Christians not to kill, but he himself, continues to kill thousands of people each year? Is there a reasonable explanation, or is there something wrong with our picture of God and our interpretation of his will for us?

Jim W.

(((Jim))) I hadn't watched the TV since last night regarding the storm, but, I'm amazed that it's gotten this large. Sending supportive energy and love to you and others being affected by this storm!!! I used to feel the same way you did Jim, especially when I was still a Christian. However, in the intervening years, my views have changed to the one I hold now, which is a shamanic perspective of life and earth and all living things. And, I would like to share my teacher, Shaman Maggie Wahl's perspective on this, especially, as her words made so much sense:

"There are natural occurences of Mother Earth manifesting severe weather all over the earth all the time. What can we do to help? I receved a letter from a Shaman who lives in Holland. He was asking people to gather with him to prevent rain and floods threatening that land. He was doing ceremonies to forbid Mother Earth from balancing herself there. He was offering a kind of curse ceremony or black ceremony and asked for people to join in that intention of forbiddence. I wrote him back and told him, "If you forbid Mother Earth from crying from her right eye, she must then cry from her left eye."

Mother Earth must balance herself. It is not good to try to prevent this as she will just manifest her imbalance in some other way. The same is true for each one of us. If we are out of balance physically, it will show itself in our emotions and thoughts and spirit. If we are out of balance spiritually it will show itself in our bodies, hearts and minds. So we cannot forbid ourselves from being out of balance but rather must seek the balance of our four body systems so that we can be whole. We want Mother Earth to be whole as well.

We can pray that Mother Earth find balance in a gentle way. We can intend that those people affected and all of life affected be treated tenderly and remain safe. We can ask for this tenderness for ourselves as well as we seek balance.

Tenderness, compassion, gentleness, amelioration, should be in our prayers and intentions each day for ourselves and for all the world." I deeply feel her words, and my intentions will be the same for each of you in affected areas.

Terri

• patio34
    patio34

Good points, Jim, and thanks for being so thorough.

The underlying negligence (which is what it would be in humans' laws--if not outright criminal intent) leading to deaths and destructions of innocent people and the idea of allowing innocents to die along with the so-called "evil" ones is akin to what led me away from JWs and religions in general.

My pivotal point was violence in nature, especially the ones who pre-dated any Adam and Eve. The dinosaurs were terrifying. What kind of a being would knowingly design such a system of eat or be eaten? Seems sadistic. Plus, it pre-dated even dinos down to the smallest bacteria and virus that prey on hosts even to their death. It much better fitted a model of evolution than knowing design, imo.

So, then, humans' leaving of God as one poster (Qcmbr?) posited would have had nothing to do with the violence. It goes without saying that weather disasters pre-dated humans also.

And as far as letting all humans suffer the consequences of the so-called original sin, that seems like punishing your inexperienced children (Adam & Eve would have been inexperienced) with DEATH the first time out and continuing it on their children. What kind of human parent would do that?? They're incarcerated at the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit