Greatest Storm in History Coming Today

by Amazing1914 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I never expect anyone to accept anything lds (hence I always try and label it as such) - I just put it in because that's something unique I can throw in to colour the picture. I'd quote the Qu'ran or War and Peace but I'm not very well versed in either :)

Maybe we are just disagreeing on what omnipotent means - its always possible to find some 'get out clause' - but it usually relies upon a verbal paradox (can't build two mountains without a valley, God cannot be evil while being good, it can't be both light and dark at the same time etc..)

• talesin
    talesin

There was a hurricane in 1958 (?) that was just as big, if memory serves me. Is it tragic? Yes. But it's just part of life.

Forest fires happen. Hurricanes happen. Plagues happen. It seems that in the 21st century, we humans feel we are no longer part of nature. DUH!

tal

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Qcmbr,

I think you are right, I don't think we're that far apart, perhaps it does just come down to word definitions & wrestling with apparent paradoxes.

You sure got me thinking again though.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Q

it can't be both light and dark at the same time etc..)

I like that comment. It makes me consider how light would have no meaning without the existence of darkness. Same goes for good & evil, etc etc.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Oh and before I pop of to bed Matt 22:29 wasn't a conscious dig at anyone - it just happened to be the first scripture that pooped out of my holy search engine.

Dang I'm a fool, now you now my secret - no one will think I'm a scriptural smart ass anymore.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

pooped - hehe

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I just want to be..

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

a jedi by bedtime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest