FORTY New JW Dating Game

by Poztate 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I figure learning how to love our neighbours is a lifetime deal. I don't have time to work out if the world is ending. I am too busy trying to live the life of Christ. Best of luck, man.

Hey...I liked that.The WT is too worried about the end of the world to be concerned about being a REAL CHRISTIAN right now.

• Es
    Es

I actually found some of those calculations really interesting especially the one bout 2015. es

• rebel8
    rebel8
    1975 & 40 – 2015

Now honestly!!!! How can they continue to use 1975 as a significant year when we all know what really happened---NOTHING!

• alreadygone
    alreadygone
    When I first saw this thread I thought it was about jws doing some sort of dating game ya know looking to date the opposite sex. lol

I thought the same thing. LOL

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Now honestly!!!! How can they continue to use 1975 as a significant year when we all know what really happened---NOTHING!

I found that a little bizarre also. If it was a good JW who made up this crap and is circulating it the ONLY reason to use 1975 would be to come up with a 2005 end date.They are truly grasping at straws. Anyone found the "good jw site" this is coming from?

What gets me is my wife was getting truly excited about the whole thing...LOL Oh well only ten years to go.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Poztate, right now? Joe R. tossed out "character development" as quickly as he could in favor of advertising the kingdom. I don't know any JW who resembles Jesus any more so than my good neighbors and friends who aren't Christian in the least. Well, maybe caty's step dad elder (who, lol, came home today at 11:00, skipped the WT study in favor of some chores to help out some of the "friends" like fixing their lawn mowers for free).

Technically, 1975 is still relevant (if you ask some old-timers) cause however old Adam was when Eve was created ended the creative day. So if Adam was 40 when Eve leaped from his midsection then 2015 would be it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

10 years left to party hard people - party very very hard. hell that means I'll be hitting 40 when armegeddon finally strikes

btw - I also noticed there were a lot of 40's in the bible... wonder what the link is hey....what do 4 mean scriptually....."completeion" or "unity" ..... ja

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Technically, 1975 is still relevant (if you ask some old-timers) cause however old Adam was when Eve was created ended the creative day. So if Adam was 40 when Eve leaped from his midsection then 2015 would be it.

Connect the dots for me, I still don't get it. If Adam was 40 blah blah, wouldn't they still need to come up with an actual significant year to count forward from, instead of one that had no biblical significance? Or are they still saying '75 is significant in some way?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Adam was created in 4026 BCE. 6000 years makes 1975 AD. As Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, the millenial reign comes at the beginning of the 50,000th year of creation. Year 49,000. But since Eve was still yet to be created, 1975 wasn't it. The creative day hadn't quite ended yet; Jehovah hadn't rested yet. So you gotta add Adam's age when Eve was created to 1975 to get the date for the great tribulation's start. That's how I remember it going.

• rebel8
    rebel8

ok. my eyes glaze over automatically whenever reliable bible chronology is discussed. it sounds so wacky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit