ITHINKISEE Update: A true milestone for my wife!

by ithinkisee 37 Replies latest members private

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

woohoo!!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    This is great news! Probably more than you imagined this quickly, huh?

Yes. I am surprised. She is now reading that book, she watched the video "What the BLEEP do we know" and other stuff.

I think that I confirmed many long-standing doubts in her mind, but we haven't talked much about that - except she makes several observations regarding behavior in the KH and other places.

Last night she was reading that TOXIC FAITH book in bed, she read me some pieces about "religious addiction". Her parents came from abusive alcoholic families and she sees why those people are attracted to JWs, Mormons, and other high control groups.

After she put the book down, I asked her, "So how are you doing?"

She said, "Great! Why?"

I said, "Oh, just asking."

Yes, folks, she has made the break for sure. Yesterday at meeting she didn't really pay attention at all, and was reading other scriptures the whole time. She gave the public talk about 15 minutes before she realized it was boring and basically nonsense, and then she opened her bible and read some Pauline books.

I'm actually contemplating giving her Crisis of Conscience in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

-ithinkisee

• vitty
    vitty

CoC will definely do it !!!!!!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    She gave the public talk about 15 minutes before she realized it was boring and basically nonsense

My god, this is so exciting. Thank you so much for sharing with us. its like watching a fairy tale, its all happening just like it should.

You have been fantastic. I cant imagine how much this is going to strengthen your personal relationship.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Last night she was reading that TOXIC FAITH book in bed, she read me some pieces about "religious addiction". Her parents came from abusive alcoholic families and she sees why those people are attracted to JWs, Mormons, and other high control groups.

Just like my extended family. Since the 1700's, they were Quakers, and then in the early 1900's they became Christian Scientists (my great grandfather died a Quaker) and then in the 1950's they became JW's. Sounds like religious addiction all right. Weird ones too.

Yes, folks, she has made the break for sure. Yesterday at meeting she didn't really pay attention at all, and was reading other scriptures the whole time. She gave the public talk about 15 minutes before she realized it was boring and basically nonsense, and then she opened her bible and read some Pauline books.

Also just like us. Dave and I would read the Bible during all the meetings, just keeping an ear out for the nonsense, reaffirming our decision to get out asap. The meetings became pure torture.

• carla
    carla

After you are finished going to everybody else's house, mine next? carla

• Sassy
    Sassy

IthinkIsee, what a wonderful UPDATE.. I am so happy for you!!!! What a gift you are giving her, the beginning of the opening of the chains around her neck! What freedom she is on the verge of gaining!

• juni
    juni

TOXIC FAITH is an excellent book to read. Amazing how deceptive and controlling cults are. It certainly reinforced in mind what was happening in the organization and in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit