ITHINKISEE Update: A true milestone for my wife!

by ithinkisee 37 Replies latest members private

• Honesty
    Honesty
    When are you going to introduce her to us?

We can't wait to meet her as soon as she's ready, of course. It's always great to welcome another free thinker who has the WTBTS 411.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Your story is an inspiriation and very encouraging. Hopefully , one day, the rest of us with SO's trapped by this cult wil realize the same results you're enjoying.

• outnfree
    outnfree

YIPPEE!!!!

(and what Scully said about "INTENT"! ... and what Jgnat said about your changing role!)

out

• Mulan
    Mulan

When I first made the "mental break" a close friend of mine (a man who was a school psychologist) bought me "The Road Less Travelled". I was very much helped by this book. seeing that other people (non JW's) had had similar experiences to mine.

You might suggest it to her.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I'd say, at least in the last 15 years or so, people join the Watchtower movement for emotional reasons. You argue with a typical JW and all you get are emotional responses. People who begin to think and read wind up quitting. There is no longer any empirical evidence the WT has to offer. Only "Jehovah will make it right in his time" and "Where else ya gonna go?" Guess what, there are plenty of places to go, and while I can't guarantee there is a Jehovah, I CAN guarantee I or anyone else will always have love and support thanks to the internet and local community efforts and new friends.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I "decompressed" pretty fast myself - Things were peachy a little over a month ago! I didn't look to X-JW or anti-JW stuff at first. I simply started looking into issues of doctrine using the WT CD and the Bible, being sure to include the context in my reading of cited scriptures. I didn't strike out on the 'net until I'd already come to my own conclusions - this helped me avoid feeling influenced from "outside". My goal in my studies wasn't to find fault, but to shore up my faith and be able to defend my beliefs from the scriptures alone. I found my mind had changed quite a bit since my baptism @ 14 - I wanted to be able to support my faith from the logic of scripture, not because I had memorized the "Reasoning" book or somesuch. -- I'm so happy for you, your wife, and the blessing of "sight".

• kj
    kj

Awesome!!! Hey, can you talk to my mom...

kj

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ingenuous, I did something similar. In late 1996 I was at a Jewish client's house and he had a Hebrew timeline and it showed 586 as Neb II's destruction of the temple. I said to myself, no way, that ain't right. In trying to prove the WTS right, I ended up proving them wrong. That was the start, Then the blood issue, cross vs. stake, and misquotes, scholastic dishonesty and misrepresentation of evolution in the Creation book (yes I looked them up at the downtown library, I didn't just take AlanF's and JanH's and Seeker's words for it).

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm with KJ. Perhaps you can come talk with my wife as well.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((ITIS)))

This is great news! Probably more than you imagined this quickly, huh?

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit