Okay what do I do now?

by lola28 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Okay here is the deal, I am new to ebay earlier this month I was on ebay and bid on some books. I won the auction said that it would take a week for the books to get to me, after the acution ended I e-mailed the seller to send me an invoice so that I could pay him. He got back to me the next day and I paid up. Well it has been three weeks and still no books so I e-mailed him last night and he sent me an e-mail today. In his e-mail he said I was acting as if I had paid hundreds of dollars and that I should "get a grip". He said he would send me the money I paid for the item but he would not refund the shipping. I e-mailed him back and told him that I would wait until Tue. of next week for the books, if I did not get them I expected a full refund.He sent two more e-mails in which he stated that he would return the money for the books but not the shipping and the second one in which he procedded to call me an a**h****.

Has this happened to any of you ? and if so what advise do you have? Should I just leave negative feedback or should I contact e-bay?

Your thoughts are welcomed.

lola

• Valis
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Stay on top of this. Don't let this go longer than 60 days after the auction ended or you will have no recourse.

I have to ask, what was the tone of your emails? Were you not being professional or making threats right from the beginning in them?

As a last resort, use this link to report the seller to eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?InrCreateDispute

• lola28
    lola28

Thanks Valis, this person just left me negative feedback.

lola

• Sassy
    Sassy

yes.. report him.. he is the one being an a$$..

I've sold things as well as bought things on ebay. It matters now 'how much" you spend as far as service that is expected. When I sell something, the minute the money is transferred to me, then I immediately ship the item. you have every reason to be upset..

• Sassy
    Sassy

what negative feedback did he say? make sure you leave him one too..

• lola28
    lola28

Hi,it is already Thursday August 25, and I still have not gotten the books that I paid for several weeks ago. Please let me know if you have already mailed them to me. You said to expect them within a week but it has already taken much longer than that. Please get back to me ASAP..

Elsewhere this is the first e-mail I sent him yesterday.

lola

• lola28
    lola28

Sassy, he said it was a "horrible experince" that I had paid for bookrate shipping and expected Express mail. i should point out that I won a simalar item that day and I already got that item, along with two other items that I got several weeks after this.

Hee hee I am so happy to finally be talking to Sassy.

lola

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if you paid thru paypal..their complaint system seems to be more effective than ebays.

look around at the " how to file a complaint" places to click and just read and figure out if its an option.

also, if you go to ebays feed back board , you can post a question asking if anyone else has had problems with this particular seller, and people will leave you all kinds of detailed advice on how to get your money back. (the forum is a great resource)

• Purza
    Purza

I contacted ebay about a bad seller before and they did nothing. I would try the paypal route (as Candidlynuts pointed out). You probably won't get any relief from ebay.

And you can respond to your negative feedback by stating what happened. They allow you like 300 characters or something like that.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit