JWs who were actually cool

by Black Man 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Had an old CO named Ray Hayes. After I left the JWs he came back and visited the congregation I'd been in. He wanted to get together, and we ended up talking for hours over coffee about why I no longer believed - turns out his doubts and concerns about the WTS were worse than mine!! Last I heard Ray was an elder in California.

A former CO, Franks Hans. was a good guy. Going blind and was living in Texas the last I heard.

Was Lynn Newton once in the New England area?

S4

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Is this thread for only cool bethelites or can we call out cool normal JW's from our old congregations?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Allen Hood was in my congregation when I was a teenager.... Hyde Park, MA. He didn't hold a position in the cong. back then. I seem to remember them going "where the need was greater"... they were'nt in the Hyde Park cong for very long...maybe a year or two.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Allen Hood was in my congregation when I was a teenager.... Hyde Park, MA. He didn't hold a position in the cong. back then. I seem to remember them going "where the need was greater"... they were'nt in the Hyde Park cong for very long...maybe a year or two.

Coffee

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I would say its for any cool DUB's you knew. I agree with R.L.Jones CO, also another cool CO was Woodrick Willis. He was hard core but real.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    would say its for any cool DUB's you knew

If that's the case I guess I would shout out to Crystal Diquinzio and her friend I think her name was Amy and Joel Klopp.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the hub and i used to go out in service on his harley road king.... we kept our book bags in the "trunk" ..... we thought we were cool.....

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Bob & Becky Horn, Sandy Congregation, Sandy, UT. Super cool people. I really miss them to this day, 16 years later.

momscrazy and her hubby were pretty cool folks. I used to hang out with momscrazy's husband a lot when we were younger (same congregation). Now they're both out. Yeeeee hawwwwww!!!!

• dee_in_la
    dee_in_la

Ray Hayes in my uncle. How funny. He had to leave CO work because his wife's mother took ill.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

My friend that I'm always talking about. If everyone in that damn religion was like her there might be hope. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty hardcore but seems to be a little more open minded. I love her so much, i hope one day......

There's also a guy she hangs out with that is awesome until the subject comes up...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit