Aux. pioneers can now attend the first half of the CO's Pioneer meeting

by truthseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

While looking at the notice board of our pending CO's visit, I noticed on his letter to the congregation that auxiliary pioneers can now attend the first half of the Pioneer meeting.

I've never heard of this before, I thought only regular Pioneers could attend.

Is this a change in policy? What would be the reasoning behind it? To give them a taste of what it is to be a regular pioneer?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think it is not changed. Or maybe changed more then once.

I attended such a meeting when not pioneering. It was for aux., and people interested before.

Danny

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are these meetings something new? I don't recall them. By new, I mean in the last 17 yrs, LOL.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

When the CO visits the congregation, there is a meeting for regular pioneers ONLY.

This is why I was surprised by reading his letter to the cong. that aux. pioneers could attend the first half. It's typically on Wednesday evenings.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I don't think it's that new; I remember attending pioneer meetings when I was just an auxiliary (or temporary or vacation or whatever they called it back then) pioneer. Maybe they are invited to some and not to others, depending on the content?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    auxiliary pioneers can now attend the first half of the Pioneer meeting.

Oh, what a PRIVILEGE!!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

it's all a trick. it makes the aux. pioneers feel like doofuses when they have to get up and leave in the middle. so maybe someday (jehoover willing) they may become "real" pioneers.

i fell for it. after i became a reg. pioneer and the short timers (my friends) got up and left...i was like "wtf!" i gotta stay?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I remembered when i aux pioneered we had a meeting together with the regulars. But i think that was separate and the full-timers had their own get together.

• upside/down
    upside/down

A taste of the inner sanctum?

Oh JOY!!!

u/d(of the pioneer school was sooo f*cking boring class)

• TheListener
    TheListener

It's not new. It's like the MS meeting with the CO and elders for the first 30 to 45 minutes. After your "class" is dismissed you must do the walk of shame out of the room. You know, shame on you for not being a regular pioneer or elder yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit