GOOD NEWSletter on JWD

by pennycandy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Bad news = interesting

Good news = boring

I'd like to organize a little good news. Please PM me with big or little "feel good" items and I'll post them into a member newsletter of sorts. Simon, let me know if there is a problem with this.

Did your cat have kittens? Did your kid get an "A" on his science project? Did you find $5 in the Walmart parking lot? PM me a few details and share the happiness. Please send in the form of a PM.

If I don't get many entries, I'll have to fill an entire page with news about myself, and nobody wants that.

Thanks in advance,

Pennycandy

• bebu
    bebu

When I applied for a job last month I discovered that they really preferred Spanish-speakers for an ESL assistant position at the middle school. I don't speak Spanish, so we all thought I would be what they were after. But the principal called me back after interviewing everyone else, begging me to interview. He mentioned that they would possibly even pay me to learn Spanish!!... the job interview is tomorrow. (Turns out it is more than classroom ESL, but has some advocacy/liason elements as well. Quite interesting!)

I bought guitar sheet music for Classical Gas recently, and for The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel). I'm having a good time learning them.

bebu

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

RichieRich is about to be a senior in high school.

I continue on as the Vice President of the National Honor Society at my school,

and as the President of the Digital Photography and Imaging club.

I will be graduating in the top 2% of my class.

I had a really bad corn on the inside of my left big toe. It has started to recede.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Bienvenidos!

Cool! PM me if you get it and I'll put it in the Good News.

¡Suerte! (good luck)

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Receding corn?!? I have my headline!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Good news? I just ate my lunch! YUM!

And I'm getting off work early today too!!!

W

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I got a new cellphone monday. I just ordered a new faceplate for it.

I got a new Palm yesterday. I was having trouble, but I got reset and its fine now.

I just finished preparing a powerpoint of my graphics work to show to potential customers and others.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

good news - I bought a hair dye, and then decided I liked the colour of my hair just the way it is, so didnt even use it!

good news - I tidied my daughters bedroom and had a whole sackful of rubbish AND a whole sackful of stuff to take to the charity shop, and I even vacuumed under the bed

good news - my dads gonna help me out with the deposit for a house!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I had a really bad corn on the inside of my left big toe.

I've heard those are good with salt, pepper, and lots of butter. Oh wait, you said toe. Never mind.

• poppers
    poppers

"I had a really bad corn on the inside of my left big toe. It has started to recede."

That's great to hear, Richie. It's those little things that can really make a difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit