He's gone

by alreadygone 16 Replies latest jw friends

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

I dropped Andrew (Troucul) off at the airport this morning. He is on his way back to Iraq. I was warned that it was going to be harder to see him leave the second time. I just didn't know how hard. I miss him so much already.

His tour is another 7 - 8 months long and I don't have much to look forward too, other than the holidays but even those seem empty without him. Prior to him coming home these past two weeks, I was remodeling our house, but I am done now so I don't know what to do with myself.

I have a very strong personality, although a bit on the emotional side, so logically I know that the kids and I will be fine. I just can't seem to think past the pain right now.

Thanks for listening..

K

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hope all goes well.

• Bryan
    Bryan

(((((K))))))

My best to you,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jgnat
    jgnat

Tough. You are going to HAVE to find some activity to keep you occupied while he is gone. A big enough project to keep you distracted somewhat.

• prophecor
  • alreadygone
    alreadygone

Thanks guys. Just knowing there are people that care about us helps. I am off to do school shopping (yay). Three kids should keep me pretty occupied.

• carla
    carla

Will be thinking of you and Andrew! As for something to keep you occupied, how about volunteering at school? just a thought, carla

• talesin
    talesin

((hug)) My friend used to go through this, but it was for NATO exercises, which is a lot different. I'll be thinking of you.

One thing my friend did was start up a *Stitch'n'Bitch* nite every second Monday, and a few friends would get together and do whatever it is they do (knitting, quilting, scrapbook, just bring your stuff), and have some coffee or wine, and of course snacks. She found it helped.

tal

• Vassago
    Vassago

Alreadygone ~

I am so so sorry you feel this way right now.

When we are a bit emotional, it feels as if we got broken and can not be fixed again, For that I truly understand.

But he is with you always, look at your children, look at their eyes, their smiles, and their hair.

he is in your heart, your mind, and your soul.

It will get easier. I promise.

I am here for you when ever you want to talk.

We are all here for you!!!!

Vass~

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Please make sure he gets my email address so we can keep in touch,

Richardiveythethird @ yahoo.com

I also hope things work out for you. I have several relatives in the military who are serving in Iraq, and their wives seem to stay pretty busy with crafts and their kids.

I send my best to you both.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit