PEOPLE SUCK

by tsunami_rid3r 20 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

All will be fine.Thats agood idea to take another drivers course,couldn't hurt.

Just want to mention peeps,he is only 18....

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm glad no one got hurt.....How is the insurance down there? Here in Canada you would be dinged big time!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

not sure if i understood that post correctly...

your gf likes to suck? lucky you...

• thom
    thom

Most of us remember being 18. Especially the part about being way too self conscious around someone you like. But it sounds like you acted pretty mature in the situation so why worry about it?
    When I was 18 I had my GF in the car and I pulled out into a busy road and realized I couldn't make it all the way without getting hit and had to stop right in the middle. I was stuck half way across with cars going around me and I felt like a big idiot. I think what you went through is just typical stuff and I can't see anything to be embarrassed about.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Most of us remember being 18. Especially the part about being way too self conscious around someone you like.

Exactly!!!

Tsunami, there will come a time, probably very soon, when this self-consciousness will wear off. It really does.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

thanks i feel better and can sleep now

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I just wanted to reinforce to you T.R. that you should always feel free to vent how you are feeling here. Most of us have been JW's at your age and it's really difficult. More so than a normal teenager. Don't ever feel like you can't talk to us.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Most of us remember being 18. Especially the part about being way too self conscious around someone you like. But it sounds like you acted pretty mature in the situation so why worry about it?

I say this because I was about tsunami riders age when I left the WTS...

I think being a JW kid stunts you in some ways. The clique-y atmosphere at the KH limits your socialization. Not associating with worldlies limits your socialization. What I learned at age 18 - 24 is what most nonJWs learned at 14 - 20. So he's a little self-concious about what people think about him. It was pretty much inbred in ALL of us as JWs to BE self-concious about what EVERYONE thinks, JWs or not. Why not give the kid a break?

Tsunami Rider - keep going to school and learning from these little knocks. You'll do just fine!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Tsunami~ This might make you feel better. When my current boyfriend and I were first dating he decided to take me for a drive. While driving down a busy street, he was too busy checking out my chest instead of the road.So of course he rear ended someone. Everyone was okay but I teased him all night. He was mortified.

The girl seems like she was okay and didn't think anything bad of you. I'm sure you will see her again.

Ignore some of the negative posters, a lot of people look forward to your posts and will be glad to help when they can.

Hang in there life does start to get easier at some point.

Dams

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

thanks, it feels like life is always getting better. i can remember back when i was working back home, back before i went to prom, i felt so oppressed. a coworker told me things will get better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit