Will Prince last as a Witness?

by inquirer 20 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

Or will he have egg on his face like Michael Jackson? Cliff Richards, I believe was a Jehovah's Witness and he didn't last either!

By the way, did YOU know that Dave Mustaine's mum was a Jehovah's Witness? She hates his music! :D

Or do you think with Prince, they were already prepared for it. "Next time some real rich pop singer joins us, we'll suck his bank account dry!" :D

And finally, what do you think of Prince's music after he became a Jehovah's Witness? Do you feel sad that he became a JW?

Tell me is there anyone else say in heavy metal or rock no roll (lol) that is a Jehovahs's Witness? I'd be interested if someone knew.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't know if Prince will stay one or not. K-os was raised as a JW, not sure if he was ever baptized or not. He's Canadian, I don't know how well he is known in the rest of the world.

Dams

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If he left, would he be called "The artist formerly known as a witness"?

It amazes me that the headquarters allow such people as Prince, Venus and Serena, etc. to claim to be witnesses. They get away with so many things that if a "Normal"-(using that term loosely) Jw were to even attempt, they would be DF'd in a heartbeat. I guess since those people have so much money, they are able to buy their way out of anything.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Is he Canadian! Far out! Didn't know that! I think Canada is like our New Zealand! There's zillions of New Zealanders in Australia!

Yeah. They got too many $$$$$$ signs in their eyes like in the Looney Tunes cartoons! :)

I think I'll barf too! :(

But come on now. Don't you remember the song: "We are Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in..." Well, you know. :D

"We send out Christian love to Prince." Their thoughts "Because he has the money."

This is something Ray should have talked about in his book Crisis of Conscience. I am going to ask him why?

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

rapper Ja-Rule was a publisher but never baptized. when you listen to k-os you can hear remnants (HA! no pun intended) of a witness past

bethel

• damselfly
    damselfly

Ja-rule? really? Why do I find that interesting? I don't even like his music.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    Why do I find that interesting? I don't even like his music

yea he sucks quite a bit. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I thought it was Juvenile who was raised a witless? As for Prince, I stopped liking his music a long time ago. He's just weird enough to be a witnoid. He's been dying for the end to come. More power to him (and mo money, mo money, mo money for mother).

• Sassy
    Sassy

Prince actually attends a congregation where I know some of the people.. of course I have no contact with them any more..

When he first became a witness, it sure seemed he was under the brain control... and his cd that came out then, reflected it as well..

I think he put out another one though since.. and from the way his tour was handled.. I had to wonder how long he'd be staying a witness now..

(I knew about Ja Rule)

• damselfly
    damselfly

I just remembered that I heard Patti Smith had been raised by a JW mother.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit