How does my Dress Look?

by whyamihere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am going to my cousins wedding this Sunday. I am really upset because since the past few years our best friend forever friendship really has went down hill. Why? I have no clue. I think it might be the fact of who I married. No offence to him or his family. However I noticed since I married him I couldn't really do anything with her. Then again it all started when my parents were doing very well in life and I had gotten a new car at 16. Ever since then I couldn't be with her because her parents were so jealous of my parents. Big deal is what I say. It just went down hill since then.

When we were kids we always said when her and I get married we would be in each others wedding. I remember the day we made the promise. Well I held up to my promise as she was my maid of honor. She never told me about her engagement nor sent me a invite to her wedding shower it was word of mouth. When the invite did get to me it was a few days away. I did not show up even though I could have. I said to my sister I had better things to do. My sister got the hint.

I am bitter but I have every right to be. I get no explanation of why we grew apart. I did not want this. Still don't. I did not want to loose my very best friend who was like me and she was like my sister. I miss her. I really do. My heart hurts and I need a friendship like that again.

Well anyway...I thought I would wear Red to the wedding. I love the color Red(my very favorite color) and it makes a statement. I just wanted to have a pretty dress on a day that is very sad to me. I just want to know what you all think of my new dress? Is it ok? Do I look fat? I will have better pictures of me when the wedding is taken place. I cut off my head because I had no make up on nor did I have my hair done......lol.

Brooke

p.s. be kind....lol

• Legolas
    Legolas

Beautiful!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Brooke, I can relate to this " I am bitter but I have every right to be. I get no explanation of why we grew apart. I did not want this. Still don't. I did not want to loose my very best friend who was like me and she was like my sister. I miss her. I really do. My heart hurts and I need a friendship like that again. "

Also I wanted to say I think your dress is lovely!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Brookie the dress is gorgeous!!!

I know how you feel about losing your best friend, it sucks and hurts. I haven't had a close female friend since I left the JW's but I still miss them everyday.

I hope you have a fabulous time at the wedding.

Dams

• chrissy
    chrissy

you look...simply gorgeous, dah-ling!!

I know about bff cousins:(

My cousin and I were same age, grew up next door to each other, bf's as well. I flew home for her bethelite wedding. That was four years ago. She and I have not spoken since.

If that perfect red dress does not make you feel better for your lame bff cousin going back on her word... nothing may.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Maybe there is some misunderstanding that can be cleared up. I recently "made up" with a formerly close friend who critcized my behavior/beliefs when I was a JW (Oh, the irony!) and I'm so glad to have that friendship back.

About the dress: Absolutely Fabulous Dahling! (Careful, you may show-up the bride!)

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I love the dress.

As far as things between your best friend, I went thru a very similar thing with my best bud. She thought I was moving away from her, so she started to act different. Like to protect herself. We finally talked about it, and now we laugh about being such good friends, but we were afraid to talk to each other. Hope things look up for you two.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I can't wait till Richie Rich replies! :D lol

WHAT KIND OF A DUMB QUESTION IS THAT!!! LIKE YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW!! I LOVE IT! ONE OF THE BEST DRESSES I'VE EVER SEEN! SHEESH!

• inquirer
    inquirer

i WONDER HOW RICHIE RITCH IS GOING TO REPLY TO THIS ONE! ld LOL

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Its great mate!

You'll blow them away.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit