OK so its 1931 - you have a loaded gun and Hitler is walking by...

by Qcmbr 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

For instance, a "saner" leader than Hitler might have maintained the truce with the Soviets instead of marching into Russia in 1942 and forcing his troops to wage a war on two fronts. But for that incredible blunder, the German army would now rule the world.

Possibly,possibly not.No doubt the Eastern front was the clincher,but a more likely scenario without operation barbarossa would have been a 3 way cold war between Germany,Britain/America and a re-establishing soviet union.Who knows what destructive outcome may have arisen from that scenario?

(pedantic note 1941 was barbarossa)

Yeah,revisiting History is fascinating.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

no way. he was part of something major in WW2, leading to the cold war. my dad was stationed in a cold war threat area. i was born there. yea, i'm selfish.

• bebu
    bebu

I would not do it. I'm sure that the things boiling over in Europe at that time would all come to a different lightening rod, even if Adolf were taken out. Then what?--I've murdered someone without cause, and the situation likely still rolls downhill. (Adolf was not the whole cause of the war.)

Good question, Qcmbr!

bebu

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

As long as the outcome works out better in the end but by changing the course of history you could ultimately change things for the worse not better. Maybe the person that takes over as Nazi leader is 10 times worse than Hitler. Best to leave history alone.

Will

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Times arrow is one way

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hitler is alive and well in Columbus Ohio, he goes by the name Rod Parsley now though.

Mark my words...a spellbinding orator with a "vision" of how the world oughta be...

Here's his Mein Kampf:

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Erm...I'm assuming from the flavor of the question that my hypothetical presence in 1931 would be as a 2005 person. Otherwise, I don't think there's much point to the question, in 1931 you'd have needed to be a seer to see just how bad Hitler was going to turn out to be. So, as a 2005 person going back in time to 1931, I would have the benefit of knowledge beyond what was available to people of that time. To wit, that Hitler would ultimately lose. There is no telling what worse alternative time lines might develop from a Hitlerless world, perhaps a worse fascist than Hitler, or a better general than Hitler; to actually lead Germany to victory, or make the war so close that more nukes were used than just Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I don't think I would feel comfortable playing god with history.

I saw an interesting episode of one of those speculative shows (Outer Limits, or Twilight Zone, or something similar) that dealt with just that subject, except they went even farther back and tried to eliminate Hitler as a baby. The person sent back in time to do the deed ended up "creating" Hitler, by botching the job and leaving him alive; adopted by a Jewish mother. There's a lot of sci-fi theory that time cannot be "uncreated", and that trying to screw with history just makes events take quirky twists and turns to fulfill it anyway. Interesting stuff....

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

FOR ANYONE WHO SAID THEY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER KILLING HIM, NO MATTER WHAT THE DATE, BEAR THIS IN MIND:

NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE IF HISTORY WERE CHANGED TO THAT EXTEND. NO IF'S, AND'S OR BUT'S

bethel minute

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hitler was a monster.But i think there were even worse Nazis!

True it was his terrible vision..but people like Reynhard Heydrich willingly grabbed the baton and added to the Terror!

Maybe he would have been leader in time?

Those were momentous times in Germany .The Weimar Republic was never going to last.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

No I wouldnt shoot him, but I would tell him his moustache made him look gay, everyone knew he had jews in his family tree, so he might as well stop pretending, and his clothes were frankly the laughing stock of the western world.

I'd tell him to buy a good light weight hair wax instead of the bryl cream he obviously overused, and I would ask him to substantiate whether it was true that he only had one ball, as every British schoolboy thought.

Id tell him to sort out his jerky leg and arm movements (people think youve got parkinsons) and go for a smoother more sophisticated overall image.

Only when all that is sorted out should he think about world domination. And does he want to hire me as a style consultant. I only charge one priceless stolen heirloom per month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit