OK so its 1931 - you have a loaded gun and Hitler is walking by...

by Qcmbr 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Are you morally obligated to kill him? What would you do?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

kill it

• undercover
    undercover

Make it '41 and there would be no doubt, but as early as '31...that's iffy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I think '31 is a good year for it - Hitler is rising to power, but not there yet. By '41 he has already developed henchmen that might just carry out his evil even if he is dead - Kill him early I say. [added in edit]

Already xpressed mine on this one.

Would it be ok to just gas him, since that proved to be cheaper?

Jeff

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

In 1931 Hitler was still pretty much a nobody...no i wouldnt shoot him,i would have been hanged.

Of course 2-3 Years later when he took over the Chancellor post and saw the new racial laws kick in i would have regretted my decision.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My strategy is preventative -with the assumption that he would do all he did do if you didn't stop him. Not punitive, but preventative action.

Jeff

• kid-A
    kid-A

my first reaction....shoot.

But, what if Hitler had been responsible for murdering somebody who if they had lived, would have become a mad-man a million times worse than Hitler? Ergo by killing Hitler, I inadvertently allow the birth of some monster far worse than him? (e.g. Stalin was responsible for at least 25 million murders)

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Once you get thinking about it there are several issues at stake:

1/ Have you just made yourself into what you hate?
    2/ How can someone be executed for something they haven't yet done? Minority Report issues.
    3/ Should you consider other options (like offering him the watchtower :)
    4/ What if killing him releases a far greater evil on the world - you just don't know.
    5/ Is it the scale of the future killing that makes it easier to justify? Maybe that's dangerous ground because the arguement can be made that you should always kill someone who is going to kill someone else.
    6/ What happens if your knowledge of the future is wrong - you could be mad and Hitler might just be a nice bloke who lives his whole life painting pictures?
    7/ Do you have th eright to alter the destiny of so many people?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

if time travel were possible and you could do such a thing, would it be morally right to go back and

alter the deaths of those now dead and sacrifice those who came into existance because of the war?

some of us, like myself would not thank you for murdering us.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    3/ Should you consider other options (like offering him the watchtower :)

Qcmbr - I think we can rule this out - the Bibelforcher's did that, and he killed a few thousand of them anyway.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit