What's your favorite line from a movie?

by Isis 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

From "Gone With The wind" (released in 1939):

Rhett Butler (played by Clark Gable) finally had enough of Scarlett O'Hara's shenanigans. At the very end of the movie, she asked him what she would do without him.

His answer, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• CordeDeVelour
    CordeDeVelour

Hello Think41self!

Isis: I love Gattaca too, one of my faves. Love Jude law too, tee hee. And Indy..hmm, one of my crushes when I was a teen ;-0

I have to throw another quote from Ash in Army of Darkness:

"Good, bad. I'm the one with the gun."

• freakshow
    freakshow

From the Goonies!!!!!!!!

"Thats what I said Boobytrap"
    And from Yellow Submarine
    " I can't help it I was born a lever puller" (it's the way it is said got to love that accent

Least favorte line EVER!!!!!! I mean can we say 10 on the cheesy scale. " You complete me" Eww I'm throwing up right now yuck gag gag ugh.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Duco= "BLONDIEEEEEE...YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE....A NO GOOD SON OF A BITC"....dododododo..do..do do

• TheEye
    TheEye

CordeDeVelour,

You mentioned "Army of Darkness" and that reminded me of the scene in the movie "Dead Alive". When the preist jumps down and says:

"I kick ass for THE LORD."

And then he proceeds to kick the crap out of a bunch of zombies.

TheEye

• CordeDeVelour
    CordeDeVelour

TheEye: Sounds like a funny movie!

• musky
    musky

(treas. of the sierre madre) "we don't need no stinking badges"

(from "the jerk") "the new phone books here! , the new phone books here!"

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife, but after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore. "
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    "I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand? "
    "You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha--" Stops suddenly, and falls dead, to his right.

----a few of my favorites from "The Princess Bride"

closer

The less I seek my source for some definitive The closer I am to fine - Indigo Girls

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Wesley, to Buttercup, in The Princess Bride:
    "Asssssss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish"

Jimmy Stewart in It's A Wonderful Life:
    "My mouth's bleedin' Burt. My mouth's bleedin'!"

Can't remember the exact line, but Sophie Marceau to the dying English King, as William Wallace is being tortured to death.
    "Even now you are incapable of mercy. It is as foreign to you as Love. But know this, a child not of your line grows in my belly. I promise you, your son will not sit long upon the throne."

Also, Sophie Marceau, when Wallace asks why she helps him:
    "Because of the way that you are looking at me right now."

Hmmm

• outcast
    outcast

"The truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit