What's your favorite line from a movie?

by Isis 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Isis
    Isis

...or least favorite?

Just for fun of course.

I just posted on the top 10 movies to take on a desert island and it had me wonder.

Anyways....as to my favorite:

"There is no spoon." The Matrix.

I know the one I hate too - "Here's lookin' at you kid." Casablanca
    I understand what he is saying, I just don't like the line. It just doesn't sound right.

Isis :)

• CordeDeVelour
    CordeDeVelour

One of my favorites is Lester's in American beauty (rather prose than quote but..):

I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure... but don't worry, you will someday.

I kind of relate, heh.

• Isis
    Isis

CordeDeVelour

It is so funny that you would say that. You are correct, it may not be just one "line" but it is a great quote. "American Beauty" is one of my Top 10 Desert Island picks.

Isis :)

• musky
    musky

from cool hand luke

" What we have here is a failure to communicate"

• CordeDeVelour
    CordeDeVelour

Isis: It's one of my favorites too! I see you're new here too, so hello! Theer's another quote I like off Gattaca:

Eugene: "We must get drunk immediately!"

• heathen
    heathen

asta la vista , from terminator 2

• think41self
    think41self

Hi new guys and gals

cool names you guys have picked for yourselves.

One of my favs is of course Dirty Harry, Clint Eastwood:
    "Go ahead, make my day".

Another fav from Anne of Green Gables, regarding the ups and downs of life. "Remember, tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it".

think41self

"When agnostics die, do they go to the great perhaps"?

• You Know
    You Know

"I gotta feeling this isn't Kansas any more Toto." --- Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz

Another great line is from a Clint Eastwood movie---Outlaw Josey Wales. There is a scene where Eastwood and his partner shoot a couple of bushwacking bounty hunters, and his partner says they ought to bury them proper. But Eastwood grimaces, and from his mount, spits a wad of tobacco juice on one of the dead guys' face and says: "To hell with them fellas...buzzards gotta eat the same as worms." / You Know

• COMF
    COMF

From "Real Genius":

Girl to guy who just came on to her: "Can you drive a railroad spike through one inch thick steel plate with your penis?

Guy: "Not yet..."

Girl: "Well... a girl must have her standards, mustn't she."

COMF

• Isis
    Isis

Hi Think41self, thanks for the welcome.
    Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites too. Of course, I can't think of any lines from it right now, other than the one you mentioned.

CordeDeVelour, Gattaca was the Best. (I love Jude Law :X )

I just thought of another great line I had to include:

Sean Connery to Harrison Ford in: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. "We named the dog Indiana."

I always thought that was hysterical!

Isis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit