ITHINKISEE Update: More revealing thoughts from my wife.

by ithinkisee 37 Replies latest members private

• Will Power
    Will Power

defd: ? for U
    do you think JWs have a lock on prayer?

w

• Bryan
    Bryan

ithink,

I am so happy your wife has an open mind. This is obviously why the Tower says NOT to study anything else, but their publications.

Congrat's to you and you family.

I along with most everyone here are hanging on your every post!

Thanks,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Bryan
    Bryan

Defd:

Why do you close meetings with Prayer?

That is a silly question Defd! He has a greater grasp of the TRUTH than the study conductor!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• outnfree
    outnfree

kgfreeperson,

Your reference to the Ethical Society intrigued me. So here's a look, everyone:

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Def'd, c'mon man .... have you been reading my posts?

Not to sound overly-dramatic, but my choice has not been made public. Only my wife is aware. We are planning on moving soon - out of the state. We are going to plan our fade for then.

In the meantime we are just maintaining the "status quo" so none of our family has to make tough decisions about whether to shun us or whether or not to associate with us.

I have dozens of family members in my current city of residence. I am very well known in the area and at Bethel still. I would prefer to not raise suspicions until we leave.

I didn't pray for paradise, or for the FDS. I didn't even say Jehovah. I just thanked God for the bible and his son and life and stuff. Nobody was any the wiser.

-ithinkisee

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Being a JW pretty much has made me question everything

Amen to that!

I've really enjoyed your updates, and am glad everything is going so well for you.

• Will Power
    Will Power

IThinkIsee

I've been following these threads, and am so happy at the way things are turning out. I wish I was in a similar situation.

You don't know how much encouragement you are giving to others. I thank you for the details. Congratualations.

wp

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

def'd.

Allow me to make a presumption. You think that ithinkisee is being a little deceptive and deceatful for giving a final prayer after the meeting to maintain the status que.

However, my reply to you is that those actions are prescribed by Brooklyn mantra.

For more information please see the following site: www.watchtower.org

steve

• defd
    defd

Ithinkisee

Thanxs for the reply and I understand. I was just curious thats all

• Mulan
    Mulan
    She told me that once she had gotten wind that I was looking up stuff on 607 vs 587, she went and did a bunch of research on her own. She said she started getting real nervous when she wasn't finding any support for 607 in the literature - and she was sure she would find it. She said it really took a turn for the worst when she went and asked two elders about it, and they had no idea there was any discrepancy in the first place!

Wow, exactly like what I did. I went to the library and did a little research on the internet, but the internet was not what it is now. I still could find no support in any book for that date. That was when it all started to crumble.

She said she knew something was up with me and she had an idea it was non-JW related - possibly apostate. She felt like she could either (a) run to the elders and tell them I was a wackjob (yes, she said wackjob) and keep her family and support system in place, or (b) she could listen to what I have to say first, because she knew I was a reasonable guy.

But ... she said the first choice wasn't really an option, because she was so disturbed by the 607 BC stuff that she felt she wouldn't be able to get THAT out of her head. That really only left her with the second option.

Also just like me. I couldn't tell on him, and I knew he was really smart, and this was not just a whim.

Sounds like her blinders are off...............just from what you said about how she is hearing the meetings now, is so great.

For awhile meeting attendance will likely continue out of habit...........hard to break that one if you have been really good about going to all the meetings, as it is a life pattern, but when they become unbearable to sit through, that's when you can't go anymore. Watch for those signs.

Dave and I started going out for breakfast and for walks around a small local lake on Sundays, to break the old habit. His suggestion. At first I didn't want to miss the Sunday meeting, but thought it was all right once in awhile. After two or three weeks, we never went to a Sunday meeting again. We had a new, more fun way of spending our Sundays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit