ITHINKISEE Update: More revealing thoughts from my wife.

by ithinkisee 37 Replies latest members private

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

No offence Honesty but IMHO I think it would be better if they first found themselves.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Another great update!

Kwin

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

Yeah. Last night I told my wife I have no desire to go join a church - especially any related to organized religion.

I told her there are a lot of things I would like to research before even beginning to thing about that kind of stuff - if ever. I told her I wanted to research the history of the bible, the way it has been preserved (or not preserved) through the ages. I wanted to learn more about the political climate of the first century, etc.

I told her I felt cults like JWs an Mormons tend to appeal to people who have no sense of their place in history - or any knowledge of history and world events in general.

I have to admit, reading the bible today has a much more emotional effect on me. At this point I still have some faith it is the Word of God. However, I am not averse to learning the evolutionist theories and the atheist outlook.

Being a JW pretty much has made me question everything .... and I would like to know all sides before I make a final decision.

Now I'm getting ahead of myself. Heheheh.

-ithinkisee

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Yeah. Last night I told my wife I have no desire to go join a church - especially any related to organized religion.

I don't blame you. Jesus is not in a church.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this but find Him and you find yourself. It makes no sense at all unless you have experienced it and then it makes all the sense in the world.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That is great news!! I'm so happy for you, to know that she's thinking on her own about it.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I have to admit, reading the bible today has a much more emotional effect on me. At this point I still have some faith it is the Word of God. However, I am not averse to learning the evolutionist theories and the atheist outlook.

i was there not too long ago. just don't rush anything. don't have thought-taboos and be honest to yourself. but that's what you're doing already anyway.

as for the atheist outlook: when comming from JWdom it's hard to detach morals from the bible. but morals can be high without the bible. even higher.

• TheListener
    TheListener

This is fantastic!!

Things have gone so well for you. Congratulations.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

ITIS,

I think this is a great turn of events. Congratulations on all your hard work. Just keep in mind, that despite the viewpoint your wife is beginning to have, that the pressure from family and friends is very great. Begin preparing her for that. I'm not going to push you into "worldly" Christianity or athiesim per say, but perhaps sharing with her (considering her standpoint), the need to follow the BIBLE and not pressure from men, is really the Christian route that Jesus spoke of. That "persecution" from her family is what Jesus said his followers would be experiencing. (It'll be kinda funny/strange/eye-opening when your wife thinks of it that way now...that "persecution" is coming from the inside of the bOrg, not the outside.)

I love hearing your updates!

Andi

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Your updates are very heartening, indeed. Is there, by any chance, an Ethical Society where you are moving? It really is a wonderful organization that helps people guide their behavior by what's "right" (a constantly discussed and pondered concept) rather than by what's assumed to be the will of god.

It is the complete opposite of cult so may be too big a leap, but wonderful help when you're searching for answers to the basic "how shall I live my life" question.

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you as you begin this next phase of your lives together.

• defd
    defd

one ? i have for you. This is a sincere ? If you dont believe in the JWS doctrine WHY are you involving your self in the arrangement? Why do you close meetings with Prayer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit