WHAT'S THE PETTIEST THING YOU DID AS A JW?

by steve2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yup, as Homer Simpsons dad said " Im gonna give him the frowning of a lifetime".

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I snitched on a couple of cool teenagers that tried to buy beer at a local restaurant with fake ID's.

I was so proud of myself.

What a tool.

-ithinkisee

• upside/down
    upside/down
    What a tool.

Weren't we all?!

I really wasn't that petty...that's why I NEVER fit in properly. I tended to view the flock as "skinned and thrown about".

Silly me, what was I thinking.

u/d(of the there I go with that "thinking" again class)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i thought this said..whats the prettiest thing you did as a jw

to which the answer would be...

• steve2
    steve2
    When you have very young children, you have no clue what's in store for you when they become teens. In later years as I dealt with my own rebellious sons, I deeply regretted my smug, condescending attitude towards this couple .

This so true of so many of us. Beware running down other people's children until yours are all "growed up"! One of the local elders felt that he could not meet with me on his own even before I was disfellowshipped, because he accused me in front of two other elders of deliberately wanting to engage in homosexual behaviour. His evidence: At age 16 I had tentatively disclosed to another elder that I was burdened by my homosexual feelings and honestly didn't know what to do to stop them from upsetting me. Talk about a homophobic elder! I heard that his younger son recently came out as gay!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

always made sure I was never alone with female; just following a ridiculous arrangement

• Legolas
    Legolas

Jebuz....I wouldn't know where to begin....ROTFLMAO

• thom
    thom

I didn't go to a close friends wedding claiming that it was because she was marrying a non-JW.
    In reality I had always liked her and her marrying someone was depressing to me.

• juni
    juni

I AGREE WITH LEGOLAS - WOULD NOT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN. THAT'S PART OF THERAPY. LEARNING TO FORGIVE YOURSELF AND LET GO. JUNI

• karen96
    karen96

This was an older sis who felt it was her responsibility to let the younger sis's know you could not go out in FS without panty hose on!

C'mon! My salvation depends on whether I am wearing hose in 90 degree heat with 86% humidity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit