how to deal with a break up.please help?

by fleaman uk 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU BLIND

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU SEE

AND LOVE CAN KEEP YOU BOUND

AND LOVE CAN SET YOU FREE

AH

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

AND THE DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT LIFE

IS IN TIME YOU GET USED TO IT BEING THAT WAY

AND THE DISAPPOINTMENT CUTS LIKE A KNIFE

AH…………………………….BUT ONLY IF YOU STAY

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

AND LOVE CAN LEAVE YOU COLD

AND LOVE CAN KEEP YOU WARM

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU WHOLE

AND LOVE CAN LEAVE YOU TORN

AND SOMETIMES LOVE DESTROYS

AND LOVE HUMILIATES

BUT THEN IT RESURRECTS

AND THEN IT ELEVATES

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

o well got there in the end

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I remember dealing with the break up with the girl who I thought was my soulmate. I eventually learned that she couldn't be my soulmate if she left. Here's how I dealt with it:

1) Took a week off work to mourn my loss. I cried all week, but I worked on convincing myself that it WAS over

2) I rebounded. I dated the next thing that had an interest in me. (she ended up stalking me).

3) I had to move. I ended up cutting all contact with her. Cutting all contact will make recovery faster

4) When she DID contact me again asking for some of her stuff, I just mailed it to her. I never talked to her one on one, she left a message.

5) Made a few changes to my physical appearance. New clothes, new piercing, shaved the moustache off, new glasses. Gave me a sense of beginning a new path in life

6) Went out, dated as many women as I could, and focussed on having fun

7) I made a list of my ex's good and bad points. I took the opposite of the bad points, added them to the list of good points, and decided that this would be my ideal woman

8) Went out looking for my ideal woman by dating as many women as I could

9) Found my ideal woman and married her.

I wish you the best of luck. Remember, you've been through tough times in your life before and have made it through. You can do it again.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Fleaman, I dont know why, but ive got this notion you are somewhere near Bristol. If this is true, or anywhere near true, wanna meet up for a beer? PM me if you want a pathetic alcohol fueled wake for your lost love, with an apostobabe who will pretend to listen while you whine on about how perfect she was despite having visible hair on her top lip, and stretch marks on her perfect thighs, and how you will never get over that adorable mole on her back.

Ive been there hun.

Thinking of you Fleaman. It hurts. It stops hurting eventually.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

..at least you won't have to see her every second day at the Kingdom Hall..

GBL

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

True GBL, my first love was someone I was working and pioneering with. When he got rid of me, I had to see him being a self righteous pig three times a week at the meetings, it was heart breaking.

Offers still open Fleaman.

• talesin
    talesin

tij, you made me tear up, I can her hear singing with one more look at you ...

I agree with WLG about the alcohol and such .. 48 hour 'alcohol depression', it will take about that amount of time for the chemicals that depress the central nervous system leave the body ... is true, my shrink told me the same thing years ago.

Hope today is going by fast ...

t

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Fleaman-

Wish I had something really insightful to say to you, but unfortunately I don't. Hope the fog lifts soon.

Lately when I've felt sh*tty, I find myself playing "Dry the Rain" by The Beta Band over, and over. And for some stupid reason it always makes me feel better. I hope you have something that does the same for you. Cheers!

If there's something inside that you wanna say
    You can say it out loud it will be okay
    I will be alright, I will be your light
    I will be your light, I will be your light

I need love
    I need love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit