how to deal with a break up.please help?

by fleaman uk 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I dont start many topics,but i have just split up with my longterm and wonderful Girlfriend.I have never experienced such a black,deathlike feeling in my entire 35 years on this Planet.I guess that is normal.

I cant see beyond this evening.I cant imagine loving again..ever.sorry for the drama(its really not like me),but i am at the end of my tether.

No-one could ever replace that wonderful,caring,generous sweet natured Girl.

Devastated and in need of any advice.

(sorry all,i know there are far worse things happening in the World)

• Gerard
    Gerard

Been there, felt that. Be strong, surround yourself by healthy friends and don't allow negative thoughts or situations. You will feel better in due time.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Fleaman, I am right there with you mate. Just recently was separated from the love of my life, my beautiful wife. I know the complete emptiness you feel.

I can only empathize, my friend.

FMZ

• ballistic
    ballistic

(((fleaman))) I recently went through this myself after only knowing someone a few weeks and even that was difficult for me. Some say love is like a form of insanity, and when it ends you can feel like you're going out of your mind also.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Can you give us some details at all? I take it she broke up with you.

I've been hit by the transport truck of lost love a few times. There isnt much worse. The only true advice I can give you is to keep your activities positive and to above all remember: time heals all wounds. Take care bro.

GBL

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

thanks guys.

It was her idea yes,we had had a few breaks at my instigation before(stupid me huh)...but i really thought we would be together forever.One daft row...and the rest is history.

It invokes emotions i never knew i had.Absolutely stunning.

Is it natural to try to remember any faults she had(certainly not as many as me ,thats for sure lol)?Times she made me unhappy?(not many mind)

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Ps im sorry you Guys have been through it all too ((((())))

• Shania
    Shania

TIME, TIME, TIME------------I know it hurts, it is like you wish your heart would stop beating so the pain will stop.....................it took along time for my broken heart to heal----it is best if you put picture away, don't throw them away, just pack them away, then in the future you know you are better if you can look at them without a pain in your heart. I'm so sorry for your heart break, at times you just want to crawl under the covers and never come out............we can't give you a magic pill, this is something your head and heart have to bear until the pain stops-----------all I did was listen to sad songs---it didn't make me feel better, but it helped me to cry all my tears away------------so one moment at a time, and try not to hang with the same group, because everyone wants to share what is happening with the other person with you, and that hurts too............................

• daystar
    daystar

Yep, two engagements, one marriage, almost every single other relationship, the girls have cheated on me with other men. Now I'm left with a child to raise on my own.

My advice: suck it up and go out and get laid. Kick her out of bed when you're done and throw away her number.

And stay single for a while. After that initial one-nighter (or maybe a few), start looking around and become friendly with some other gals, looking for something more real.

You'll move on and be stronger for it.

I'll apologize now if my comments seem overly terse and hard-hearted. I love women very much. I'm just quite down on relationships lately, as I'm sure you might understand.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hopefully Fleaman, it's just about getting some space between you two. A little distance doesn't have to be so final.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit