Is Clairvoyance evil or a human trait?

by Amazing1914 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

The Society taught that psychic ability and clairvoyance were of Satan and the Demons. They equated these characteristics as unchristian and to be avoided. Therefore, they are linked to ouiji board, Wiccan activities, and even the seer that Saul visited to conjure up Samuel in a vision. The Society’s basis for this teaching is that any extrasensory perception had to be for Jehovah’s purposes, to extol his name, and bring about fulfilled prophecies, etc.

There is scientific work going on that connect quantum theory with these capabilities. There are tests being done to try and determine if there is scientific evidence for such capabilities. In one case over 100,000 tests demonstrated such a basis. The book, The Heart’s Code, by Paul Pearsall (1999) is absolutely fascinating and quite impressive. I truly appreciated the science being employed in the studies. You can find the book at Amazon.com, or you can click on the following link to see a brief book summary:

The Heart Code

What are your various opinions?

• donkey
    donkey

Amazing,

You already know what I think....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Clairvoyance's meaning is simply to do w seeing. And so different people have different abilities in seeing. Cops have learned to pick up details, some socially gifted people can pick up on our feelings just by watching us. Others are able to tune into other more different dimensions to see things there. None of these abilities/practices are wrong.

'Course, that's not to say that there isn't any danger. The schizophrenia question is not settled iether, imo. In reading about shamanism, i saw it stated that schizophrenia sometimes comes ahead of becoming a shaman. Sometimes other diseases preceded the shaman's induction. If there is something legit behind these phenomona, science will likely find it, one day.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I won't buy into psychics until a psychic based mutual fund on the stock market is able to produce a return far beyond all other funds.

I'd also like to know why psychics don't have a bias toward winning the lottery.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    According to Dr. Paul Pearsall, a clinical psychologist, the heart is more than a pump, more than the most powerful muscle in the human body. Using research from many fields, interviews with transplant patients and their families, and his own experiences as a cancer and bone marrow transplant survivor, the prolific author contends that the heart thinks, feels, remembers, and communicates with other hearts.

Wow, even the WTS dropped that teaching a long time ago. Anyone remember?

• prophecor
    prophecor

It's my belief, that we all have innate traits of clairvoyance and esp, hidden within us. I wouldn't be able to get along in my life as well, without them. I feel they're part of our humaness, not of the devil or evil spirit forces. People are too affraid of what they don't understand. The first thing we do when we see a bug that's foreign to us is scream in disgust or rush to kill it.

People are uniquely gifted, some people more than others. I try to hone these gifts as I believe them to be God given, and a way of helping us to navigate thru life in some oftentimes pretty intense waters.

Ever hear about the person who just happened to miss the bus, the day he was supposed to be on his way to a flight that never made it, because it crashed along the side of a mountain? Somehow, I believe a lot of us could get along more effectively in this life if we paid more attention to those small voices behind our heads, telling us to go left or right instead of straight ahead.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The closest thing to "psychic" ability that I do believe in is a person who is an Empath... and I don't attribute this to any supernatural abilities but the ability for one to sense the feelings of others based on body language, vocal inflections and other subtle forms of communication.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Dr. Pearsall's speculations open the door for readers to consider afresh the importance of cellular memory, loving connections, prayer, laughter, and healing.

In my opinion nothing more then speculations. (but I haven't read the book)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

To add:

There is scientific work going on that connect quantum theory with these capabilities. There are tests being done to try and determine if there is scientific evidence for such capabilities. In one case over 100,000 tests demonstrated such a basis.

Can you tell me what the link between Quantum Physics and these capabilities are?
    Can you give some more info about this evidence?

I think it is good to study the possibility of clearvoyance, etc etc. on a scientific base.
    However why he wrote this book? He did not have enough evidence to proof his theories for the scientific community and then he tries to convince non scientists? Or is it just plain: $$$$$$

Danny

• talesin
    talesin
    It's my belief, that we all have innate traits of clairvoyance and esp, hidden within us. I wouldn't be able to get along in my life as well, without them. I feel they're part of our humaness, not of the devil or evil spirit forces. People are too affraid of what they don't understand.

This is how I feel as well. I've had many personal experiences with clairvoyance, or as I like to call it, "communication thru the airways".

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit