Mr. P.O will it blow or not?

by skyman 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skyman
    skyman

Merry I don't know if you are still on the web but do you remember when this happened. I sure it had to have been tlked about in your hall we were young adults at I was married only a few years and I think you were gone from the area maybe?

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I lived in Olympia, Wash for many years. Perhaps once a year the streets would be very icy and the authorities would advise staying off the roads. The elders would actually cancel the meeting when this happened. I guess they figured jah'd protect those in the KH, but not those on their way. It was always such a treat when this happened.

• troucul
    troucul

Skyman, you need to get back in. Dubs need people like you with balls of steel to look out for them. and to punch that P. O. right in the grill. (sorry, drunk on whiskey and rum sours, champagne, right now)

• upside/down
    upside/down

I had a PO do the same thing during a tornado warning...the sirens were going off...which means it's sighted and/or on the ground...RUN FOR COVER.

I was giving a part...I stopped got my family and went to an interior room and sought cover.

I was later removed from a Circuit part because of my "lack of faith".

u/d(of the shoulda seen the writing on the wall a loooong time ago class)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    shoulda seen the writing on the wall a loooong time ago class

That is one helluva big class, my friend.

In one congregation I attended the elders were great about cancelling the meetings when it got icy, but many of the elders went anyway to wave off the idiots that "braved" the weather to come to the meeting. If they'd managed to get down the sloping driveway, they'd've never gotten back out! To say nothing of their chances of getting home safely.

Dave

• upside/down
    upside/down

because..." A meeting missed is a meeting lost..." ****said in an old woman's condescending voice****

u/d

• skyman
    skyman

Troucal love you the picture you use we got the same kind of mind I see.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I didn't know JW;s were this way. Is this everywhere? God gave us a brain. We invented Radar and sirens to help us with tornados. God is rolling his eyes at the elders and people who go into harms way. This is just stupid.

I would really like to know, if JW's think that Jehovah watches over them. I don't remember ever thinking that, or hearing that. Maybe since I had a piss-poor childhood, I wasn't exposed to a good idea. Not that I would have ever believed it. NO one was watching over me! HL

• skyman
    skyman

Yes the Jw's believe this. Growing up I heard over and over about a Witch Doctor in public put a public curse and right after the Witch doctor fell dead. Plus over and over about two new rope breaking trying to hang a brother so the town fokes left him alone in fear of his God. I started to believe this as proof that Jehovah was on on our side but as time went by I became aware that ALL the stories was Bull Sheet at best. Over and over I heard the same thinking at the Curcuit Asemblies. My father in Law just used this type of think on me to prove how wrogn I am.

• skyman
    skyman

I have had a few drinks tonight and can't spell I see as good as I would like so I am not even going to try to correct the grammer and miss spelled words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit