ANOTHER MURDERED PREGNANT WOMAN......

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I think a HUGE part of the reason men are killing their pregnant wives/girlfriends is because they don't want the responsibility, either financially or emotionally, of being tied to a family.

This is most likely the case.

But, if a man is against having a family so strongly that he'll kill his wife/girfriend and unborn child, why didn't he bother wearing protection? Is double-homicide much simpler than putting on a condom?

It doesn't make sense.

• talesin
    talesin

The leading cause of death of pregnant women in the USA is murder by their partners. It's disgusting.

Often it is the scorned ex ,, who feels that 'if I can't have you, then no one can'. Many women leave their abusive partners when they are pregnant, because bringing a child into the world helps them to realize they must get away from this person,, but it is too late.

t

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Talesin you beat me to the punch with that statistic. Its horrific. I will willingly admit to not knowing all there is to know about this subject, but when the abuse turns to murder it seems like the woman is always the loser. When both mother and child die its even more despicable.

Sherry

• talesin
    talesin

Sherry, yes, it boggles the mind ...

Triangel ... I can't stop thinking about you ... it's good that you are aware, and keeping safe ... you must have some misgivings about your ex's state of mind to be so afraid. I'm sorry you are feeling so scared, though, and wish I could protect you! I have done it for a couple of friends, and even rescued one from possibly being killed ... he had her locked in the basement, but had passed out that nite, and I had the police come and break the door down, and she came to live with us till she could get into a shelter. It makes me crazy!!! I had to deal with this violent abuser for months after, as he kept coming around, trying to get at her through me.

Be safe, keep your friends CLOSE, and try to get some rest!

tal

• Mary
    Mary
    But, if a man is against having a family so strongly that he'll kill his wife/girfriend and unborn child, why didn't he bother wearing protection? Is double-homicide much simpler than putting on a condom?

You'd think so, but we all know how much men despise wearing condomns. I can use the same argument for the horrific problem in Africa---you know, people having 10-15 kids that will starve to death by the time they're 5 years old? I often thought we should send them free condomns. Not only would it drastically cut down on the number of children they have, but it would also help protect them against AIDS. Apparently though, the men refuse to wear them. I can't figure that one out.

And I think the majority of these guys who kill their wife/girlfriend and unborn child figure that they'll never get caught. I'm sure Scott Peterson never thought 3 years ago that he'd be sitting on death row for a double homocide. Laci's mother even said "...divorce was always an option, not murder", but with the courts enforcing child support payments, he apparently figured he'd just get rid of the entire "problem"..........pretty damn scary when you think about it...........

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I have heard a statistic repeated by several sources that states that the number one cause of death of pregnant women in this country is murder. And the most common perpetrator of those crimes (as well as the murders of women in general) is an intimate partner.

Google "Pregnant women murder statistics" or other variations and read for yourself.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

This was her second child and by a different man. The stats are 2 childen by different fathers who don't stick around by the time the girl is 20. They want the children whether they can support them or not. Some actually beleive the man loves them. It's Ok to be a burden to society and suck resources your whole life. The government will take care of you. Tax tax tax. I'm sick of it. The girl was beautiful and deserved so much more. Lots of able-bodied men would have loved to have her and the children, permanently if she ever could have met them. So sad.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    This was her second child and by a different man.

And this man who murdered her was her EX-boyfriend. They weren't even a couple anymore.

• Es
    Es

Wow im shocked as to how common it is. Maybe its the same here but i for sure have never heard of it happening here recently anyway. Its so sad :( es

• Mary
    Mary

Es, I don't know what the laws in Australia are for child support, but in the States and Canada, it's alot harder for a man to just walk away from impregnating a woman than what it used to be. Even if you never married the woman who's pregnant by you, the courts will still hold you accountable and more likely than not, enforce child support payments for the next 18 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit