ANOTHER MURDERED PREGNANT WOMAN......

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

There's been yet another arrest of a man who's being charged with murdering his pregnant girlfriend in Pennsylvania.........is it just me, or does there seem to be a sharp increase in the number of guys who are murdering their pregnant wives/girlfriends these days? I often think of Scott Peterson.....if the idiot didn't want kids that badly, why didn't he get a vesectomy??

Your thoughts?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Live right down the street from where she was last seen. She lived in our neighborhood and her picture has been plastered all over the city. The helicopters were out doing a search of our area when they first went looking for her. It's been a real disheartening situation. She's not the first, the park called Cobbs Creek Parkway is a haven for illegal activity. Drugs, thug type individuals who flagrantly thwart the law, rididng their ATV's thru the neighborhood. We live in what's come to be known as the " Wild Wild West " of Philadelphia. City Life Sucks

• talley
    talley

My thoughts?

The first thought is amazement that these women either did not have, or disregarded that little "sixth sence" or instinct for picking a good man. I was under the impression that us gals all had this 'antennae' thing for good or bad men. Mine has served me well and accruately, and I have always 'listened to' and trusted it.

I feel so bad for these women and their babies.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

This is why I am afraid to leave the house right now besides going to work.You can't really hide that you are 8 months pregnant that well. I am just paranoid as it is anyway. There was a WT article about this sister who was pregnant that was killed by someone looking at a car she had for sale and they cut the baby out of her stomach. There is another pregnant woman missing in Oklahoma right now I think. I was watching Fox News ( which I don't care too much for anyway because it makes me more paranoid) before I logged on the computer tonight. They said that the number one cause of death for pregnant women in the U.S. right now is murder. An average of two pregnant women a week are murdered in the United States. It was a doctor that was saying this. Seems, kind of to me, that something else would be the number one cause of death. I have talked to my Mom about this since I first found out I was pregnant. I am no longer with the father and that, too, is another reason I am paranoid because in most cases it's the father that kills the pregnant woman. Although he has never threatened me, and we have agreed that it is for the better that we don't talk to each other. Ugh @ this stuff.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

http://crime.about.com/b/a/149237.htm

I googled "murdered pregnant women," and 397,000 responses.

I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Relationships are the hardest thing to form, nurture and develop in these days and times. People are uniquely tortured in this present world we live in. There is just no way to tell, who it is you're dealing with these days. Time can only give you a clue as to anyones potential, even then, it's not a guarantee.

There is quickening of evil that is finding its way into our society, especially it seems here in the West. Many who are desperate, have lost thier moral compass. Man has reduced himself to less than that of the animals. Today we are under a rapid decline in basic human, common decency. In short, mankind is going to Hell tied to the back of the Space Shuttle.

The child, killed by a child molester just recently in Florida as well as a few others in places in the Midwest should raise an alarm to all our sisters and brothers as to just how desperate the times that we live in, truly are.

There really is no end in sight as to alleviating any of the suffering that exist on this planet. At least none that can come by way of any human means. There appears to be a tacking to the right, regarding the general shifting of the populations moral center. This shows as evidence of the men and women who serve in our Military. Despite there being a distinct possibility that they may be killed, and yet, they keep on enlisting. Some of you young people are going to be the ones who rule the world, should God be so generous. I believe it is too little too late, however, to believe that man can raise himself out of the slump, without the benefit of divine intervention.

If there comes to be a sizeable ammount of time before devine intervention takes place, and you young ones come to be in charge of the world, those of you who choose to do what's right, what's best for your loved ones, now, I hope that you will be merciful to those of my generation, who have failed you.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I live in the Philadelphia area, where this murder took place, and sadly this is NOT uncommon around here. In this particularly case, the national media got hold of this story and publicized it. Most of theses cases rarely make it past the local news. Some of the most gruesome murders in Philly came out of spousal abuse.

• Iforget
    Iforget

tnangel, I am in the same boat as you. 8 months along and what has been really bothering me is the message boards I read where pregnant women post to one another. Now I am all for sharing advice and posting but these women post their personal information. Towns, States, Names and hospitals and doctors. It blows me away in this day and age that they would share all that information which they could easily be tracked down.

I am more aware I suppose these days with my growing girth to be more careful then normal. From my previous occupation I learned to always know your surroundings and who is within your vicinity but I feel so much more vulnerable now. Maybe because we just can't move with the same speed and agility? Even with 2 cycle classes a week and pilates twice a week and golf I am just not able to move the same.

Does anyone know what happened to her 7yr old? They say the child hasn't been seen since July either. Any ideas or was the child found with her???

• Mary
    Mary

I think a HUGE part of the reason men are killing their pregnant wives/girlfriends is because they don't want the responsibility, either financially or emotionally, of being tied to a family. 30 years ago, a guy could just desert his family and leave them high and dry and nobody cared. Now, however, men are being held financially responsible in supporting a child they perhaps never wanted. The idea of them having to shell out tens of thousands of dollars over the next 18 years is not a pleasant thought for them, so they simply figure if they get rid of the woman, then the whole problem disappears.

I think it would be a good idea for scientists to come up with a kind of birth control for men in pill or injection form. That way, if they don't want to father unwanted children, they'll have alot more control over it and maybe it'd reduce the number of pregnant women getting knocked off.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    I think it would be a good idea for scientists to come up with a kind of birth control for men in pill or injection form. That way, if they don't want to father unwanted children, they'll have alot more control over it and maybe it'd reduce the number of pregnant women getting knocked off.

If the women aren't taking measures to prevent pregnancy, I doubt the men will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit