What a Prat!

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Perhaps the guy lived out that way, far from where the con was being held, and this was his first chance all day to sit down and enjoy himself in pleasant surroundings, away from all the crowds. Perhaps he wasn't Australian at all, but was visiting from the U.S. or England or some other civilized country where people commonly wear suits. Perhaps he likes being dressed up, it never occured to him to care whether random strangers in a restaurant approved of his attire.

I'm glad you enjoyed your evening out, Ozzie, and I hope the gentleman you saw did, as well.

• troucul
    troucul

He was counting his time while eating supper. A good 2 hours right there times 3 in the party! If I would have thought of that, I wouldn't have had to struggle for the 8 I got then felt guilty about recording 10.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Uh-hum, dinner actually - at eight in the evening, and as i said, miles away from the Superdome - that's miles and miles!! Of course he was a prat!

oh lol! me didn't have much sleep didn't read your post properly lol!

I'm sure he lived nearby Ozzie, don't think he'd go to the trouble of wasting all that petrol otherwise.

Name tag? haha! nothing can be more disturbing then walking around the shops forgetting you left your name tag on then a complete stranger comes up to you and say "hi (name)!" then you'd respond "umm who are you and how do you know my name?"

Don't see why he is considered a "prat"

Evanescence

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

If he was miles from the convention he was probably trying to avoid the other Prats!! It always amuses me that JWs find each others company difficult.

They love making a speactacle of themselves by looking outstandingly different - they think its a witness to the nations. Why sitting in a restaurant looking like a fish out of water would make anyone want to join the cult I dont know!

• scotsman
    scotsman

Wearing a suit and tie with a badge for dinner makes him a prat? No more of one than drivers who have the icthus symbol on their cars, but I guess we'd call them sprats.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Let's say he is just plain stupid....

something else: you mentioned the winery and I thought 'let's try to find "Yalumba" I got some 30 years ago 12 bottles of pink Yalumba Champagne - and never got a better one....

Yalumba still exist: http://www.yalumba.com/product.asp?p=153&b=47 They even made Shiraz wines....maybe their wine is even better then the Shiraz you tasted in that restaurant.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day CW,

Nothing, but nothing, is better than the label I was drinking in the restaurant!! Yalumba is a mass volume drop but mine was strictly private bin - very special.

BTW I hear it's been raining plenty down your way. And the trains from Schipol were late!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

P.S. to CW,

Yalumba would be very acceptable though of course. Can you get it at Albert Heijn?

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Ozziepost, you seem to be into wine, have you been on a wine tour? or any winerys in Australia? We have them Australia wide

The one in South Australia is good

Evanescence

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes to all those questions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit