What a Prat!

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Stilla,

You can't buy it in the stores - it was a private bin drop from the Margaret River region of Western Australia.

Mighty fine.

Cheers, Ozzie

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

"This evening Mrs Ozzie and I went to our favorite local restaurant - it's out in the outer suburbs, a lovely small Thai restaurant - well, any food eaten with chopsticks is okay with us!"
    YUM Thai food = wonderful! I've never tried having any wine with mine but I'll have to do that next time!!
    Sorry the mention of great food and wine made me forget the subject of this thread ;)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Uhhmmmm.

I see people walk around in suits on Saturday...... (mainly real-estate agents and people who work on saturday)

I don't see the problem ozzie, I walk around in my netball uniform on saturday, cause I go to the shops on the way home, people are like "ohh did you win today?"

the jw just wanted to eat lunch somewhere, i'm sure he didn't look that stupid, just stupid to you.

Evanescence

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    eat lunch

Uh-hum, dinner actually - at eight in the evening, and as i said, miles away from the Superdome - that's miles and miles!! Of course he was a prat!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Oz ...

In Niagara, where I grew up, they sent the best of the best wines to Japan, and us locals would never get to try it, unless we went right to the winery (which usually had a restaraunt). Is it the same way in Austrailia?

Kwin

• Es
    Es

You know what it is its recommended at the conventions well the melbourne anyway that if going out after dinner to keep the name badges on to give a fine witness. es

• JW83
    JW83

Ozzie, I agree with you but i don't think any Witnesses ever took their ties off to go to dinner after a convention. it's like the tie comes wiith the suit. maybe they were from the Gong & driving home? Hope you're feeling well! :)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Es said:

You know what it is its recommended at the conventions well the melbourne anyway that if going out after dinner to keep the name badges on to give a fine witness. es

That always confounded me. I can just see it. Non JW's dining at restaurant. Some family comes in dressed to the nines and wearing JW badges. Non JW sits there and goes 'Wow they stick out like a sore thumb. I want to know how I can too!!!' LMAO... Yeah right!!!! They had the convention here on the weekend too. I went out of town so missed out on all the excitment... Ha ha..

• nowisee
    nowisee

thx gf. i will try it sometime.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Here in Mexico there are hardly any Chinese restaurants, let alone Thai restaurants. Come to think of it I'm not fond of Thai food, except for the peanut sauce. Did you have peanut sauce?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit