Is The Governing Body Of JW's Deliberately Deceiving People?

by Honesty 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

I find it very hard for me to believe that the Governing Body is unaware that many of the WTBTS teachings and doctrines are not only deceiving people but are also spiritually, mentally and physically harming them as well.

What are your thoughts and comments?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I struggle with that too. Perhaps they've convinced themselves? But, then again once you get to that point, that is your whole life. What do you leave that to?

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I would imagine the power they hold is quite a turn-on.

Kwin

• sf
    sf

Metetron made a thread pertaining to this topic. My comments are contained within:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/96755/1.ashx

sKally

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Kwin's right. it's about power. The GB are fully entrenched in who they think they are. As Ray Franz put it (paraphrasing here): It is a matter of the deceived leading the deceived.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Im not a mind reader but I feel they are victims of their own system they have created. I think they actually think they are doing the work that they think God has commanded them. Just as new ones take over they too are captives of a concept. I think you would need to go all the way back to Rutherford to find ones who may have knowningly been decieving people, but then with Russel I honestly think he too thought he had stumbled upon some unfound truth. I do feel as others have stated though, the power of feeling like you are someone special and 6 million people looking to your every move as if you were God has to be an intoxicating drug.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker
    The assertion that the old men who run the Watchtower are sincere but deceived is

wearing thin. With every passing year, it becomes more and more apparent

that they are conscious and deliberate in deception. If it were otherwise, they

would feel regret, or a need to apologize or change - or defend themselves

apart from mindless reptition of points already answered - and none of that is

happening.

Although this is a good point. You would feel that the logical thing on their part would be to accept the fault and apologize rather then re-emphasize the blood issue and other controversial gray area subjects that should be left entirely to conscience. I dont know for sure then unless they feel they are above law which I am sure they do since they feel they represent God. I think they honestly feel they don't owe anyone apologies. I think they have taken on a "God Like Pseudonym" in which they feel they don't need to account for their actions. This is just the course of a cult, and how its leaders eventually feel they are Gods in their own right.

If they are truly out to decieve people then they will have a great deal to answer for before God and before many others who have been devastated by their actions.

Ticker

• acadian
    acadian

Take a close look at their hstory ...

~~~GUILTY~~~

• Valis
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Quick definitions ( mealy-mouthed)

• adjective: hesitant to state facts or opinions simply and directly as from e.g. timidity or hypocrisy
  • ------ Foregone conclusion that they are malicious & willful & wanton-How do i know? I have seen through-out their history how their spin doctors move in to pre-empt damage control. One example and there are many:In 1989 an elder from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses,leaked a confidential memo to me from the Watchtower legal sent to all congregations. The contents ordered the elders to use extreme caution in what they say as {quote} the society is being swarmed with lawsuits {unquote} My point is this;in 1989 the society was not being swarmed with lawsuits,yet they foresaw it coming because they knew they had defaulted on their prophecies and had wrecked millions of lives. My signature below tells all ------ Watchtower Whistleblower: Danny Haszard Bangor Maine Jehovah's Witnesses are the 'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo (mealy-mouthing)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit