Why do some brothers quit Pioneering shortly after they get married?

by truthseeker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I've noticed this in our congregation, that a lot of brothers who start of pioneering in their mid to late teens, stop shortly after they get married. Maybe they think it's a sister thing.

Also, a lot of the friends in the hall who have been to Pioneer School, are no longer pioneers. This seems to be more for the younger JW's, than the older, retired JW's who have nothing else to do.

Has this been your experience?

Also, if you went to Pioneer School, how long was it before you came off the list? How many of your friends stopped Pioneering?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think there are a lot of broters who start pioneering in the first place to find a spiritual sister.
    When they found it, there reason for pioneering is gone.

Know at least a few who had this motivation.

Danny

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Danny, that's interesting.

It seems that for brothers in their teens, pioneering is the thing to do, to get approval. It all stops once they get married, graduate or get a job.

Of all the young people in our hall who went to the Pioneer School 3 years ago, none of them are Pioneering. Two are into souping up their Honda's and couldn't care less about f/t service. Both of them are married.

• JH
    JH

It's because they discover sex and enjoy that better than going out door to door 90 hours a month.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Sex

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sex

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

They'd rather boink all day. Who can blame them, really.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    boink

Love it!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I've noticed this in our congregation, that a lot of brothers who start of pioneering in their mid to late teens, stop shortly after they get married.

This is very similar to when a woman stops maintaining her figure after getting married... the show was only used to hook someone and once ya get 'em it's no longer necessary.

Boink!

• minimus
    minimus

They have to support full time a family now. Plus, "pioneers" are considered good catches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit