which JEHOVAH'S WITNESS SCARE TACTICS kept you from leaving?

by Ms. Whip 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Jws don't believe in hell. Remember they reckoned it as a scare tactic of the churches?

Nah ,they just reckon we will be sent to gehenna for eternal destruction., after being in a state of mental and spiritual darkness, after being ridden down by the horses of the apocolypse, who will have blood up to their bridles

Nice....

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

The thought of disappointing my parents and family was one grip the borg had on me. The thought of death at Armageddon was so frightening to me. When I finally realized that I would never measure up, I became more comfortable with idea of death...not that I want to die, but it's natural and if it's anything like I was told it is -- "the sprit goes out, he does back to the ground, and in that day his thoughts do perish" -- then death was nothing to fear. I don't fear going to sleep and if death is the same, then if I'm going to die, I may as well enjoy life.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm still in because if I DA, I will lose all my family and friends. That's the only reason. I have been in my entire life, and have not one single good friend who is not a dub. I have soooooo many friends who are dubs, though, and they are such good people. Unfortunately, they are also thoroughly indoctrinated, so they would not speak to me if I was DF'd or DA'd, even thought I know it would be very painful for them.

I am fading to give myself time to build a network outside the JWs. I don't think I could handle being completely alone, no friends at all.

Stupid cult.

GGG

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    The thought of disappointing my parents and family was one grip the borg had on me. The thought of death at Armageddon was so frightening to me. When I finally realized that I would never measure up, I became more comfortable with idea of death...not that I want to die, but it's natural and if it's anything like I was told it is -- "the sprit goes out, he does back to the ground, and in that day his thoughts do perish" -- then death was nothing to fear. I don't fear going to sleep and if death is the same, then if I'm going to die, I may as well enjoy life.

jehovah's witnesses imposed the death sentence on you and you accepted it. don't live your life to die. although you are out now, you carried their gift of fear/death with you. you are still allowing them to control your life. it's time you started to control your own life and accept the consequences. no human has the right to kill another human...or suck the life out of them for that matter...like jws do. if you are part of the walking dead or walking wounded, it's time you break free from the fear of the WTBTS. give them back their fear and guilt...tell them you don't want it any more.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

OK I'll make a serious comment.

Why do so many exjws give their power away? Don't you see that by excepting their judgement you are feeding the monster?

It's like fear. If you succumb, fear rules your life and you stunt your potential.

You are a beautiful worthwhile individual who has the ability to move mountains. Don't allow the naysayers to deceive you.

Life is fantastic! Enjoy it like a good meal and you'll die satisfied.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    I was born into the cult so they threatened to take away my entire family and all of my friends... when I finally did leave they took them all away.

I wasn't born a JW, but my mom became acquainted with and got baptized into the organization when I was about 3 or 4, so I was raised a JW. I don't qualify my exit as "leaving" because it wasn't voluntary, so maybe that's the reason why my family still has hope for me. I don't attend any of the meetings, and if my 8 year old son does attend, it is with my family. Also, this isn't my first time being df'd. The first time, the shunning was more absolute. Now, although they don't go out of their way and we don't formally associate, my family still talks to me.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    All those years of indoctrination about evil worldly people had my trust count at zero.

I have the same issues. I guess this is where it stems from. I can count on one hand how many friends I have. The good thing is that they are true blue, but I don't have many.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My love for my family and friends has kept me in.

They're pushing it though.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Doofdaddy -

Why do so many exjws give their power away? Don't you see that by excepting their judgement you are feeding the monster?
    It's like fear. If you succumb, fear rules your life and you stunt your potential.

OK, I have a serious question. What do YOU think we should do? I don't accept their judgement of me as a person, but shunning is a fact for ex-JWs. Losing all your friends is reality. I am fading because I want the best of both worlds. I want to keep my friends to the extent possible, and not be shunned, but I do not want to be a JW. I'm fighting the system... very passively, I know, but it's the best I can do right now.

You are a beautiful worthwhile individual who has the ability to move mountains. Don't allow the naysayers to deceive you. Life is fantastic! Enjoy it like a good meal and you'll die satisfied.

I wholeheartedly agree!

GGG

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    I can count on one hand how many friends I have.

That's another thing they have. They keep you dependent on them by not allowing you to have friends on the outside. If you leave, you're alone...no one wants to be alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit