ITHINKISEE Update: Very positive - and some revealing thoughts from my wife

by ithinkisee 34 Replies latest members private

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Gary, several years ago when I was DF'd living with my JW wife, she asked me to leave my own house so she could have JW friends over. To me, that's worse than a slap in the face for no good reason. I complied, then late in 2002 I said I was leaving permanently so she needed worry about it.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Don't feel bad about paper research. I once spent a whole day at a library researching blood, the babylonian era, the cross vs. torture stake, and misquotes in the Creation book. I took up a whole table that was meant for ten. Too bad.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    At this point my lovely wife broke down. She started crying and said she is sick of feeling like she can never do enough. She is sick of self-righteous people making subltle-but-mean comments to weaker ones. She is sick of the obsession with numbers and quotas. She is sick of feeling like she will lose her kids at Armageddon if they aren't at enough meetings or out in service enough. She said she sees the pattern of inducing guilt on their followers!

She emerges from her shell...awesome.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

ITIS - I was at one time planning to be a doula - The unpredictable schedule wasn't quite working for me. It's a great career, a real calling, and I understand well how your wife feels about it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I know I'm late to the thread but,

Ithinisee, you lucky SOB.

Good luck man. Things are going well. No matter what she eventually decides she will always love and respect your decisions. Good going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit