ITHINKISEE Update: Very positive - and some revealing thoughts from my wife

by ithinkisee 34 Replies latest members private

• Honesty
    Honesty

WOW !!!

You have done a lot. Hopefully, you both can get out with minimal damage.

She talked about recent experiences she has had that opened her eyes to the fact that non-JWs are so loving and kind - and how they were the direct opposite of what the Society told us they were.

That is the one single-most important fact that caused most of us to begin searching for the real truth about the truth.

The WTBTS's literature constantly refer to the wonderful 'love' among the brothers. If that is true, why have 50% of JW's departed over the past 25 years ?

Don't believe it?

Get the yearly reports for the past 25 years.

Add the number of baptisms for the last 25 years to the number of active JW's 25 years ago. Take that figure and subtract the number of JW's active now. It is an eye-opener!

When you add in some deaths the figure goes even higher.

If the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses was really providing its followers spiritual food at the proper time through the WT publications, why would 50% walk away from it?

Why are so many unsatisfied with the wholesome and nutritious food from the GB?

If the elders were doing their assigned tasks, why are so many falling away?

An inspection of Ephesians 4:11-14 tells us what proper nourishment will do for believers:

*** Rbi8 Ephesians 4:11-14 ***11 And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelizers, some as shepherds and teachers, 12 with a view to the readjustment of the holy ones, for ministerial work, for the building up of the body of the Christ, 13 until we all attain to the oneness in the faith and in the accurate knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of stature that belongs to the fullness of the Christ; 14 in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.

When the dubs go door to door they claim they are looking for 'sheeplike ones'. The reality is they are looking for people who will accept their apostate teachings without questioning anything during the indoctrination process. If a study is familiar with the bible and asks thought-provoking questions about the WT teachings, doctrinal changes, unfulfilled prophecies regarding the end of the world - 1914, 1925, 1975, etc. the dubs will declare the student is not humble and will break off the study. If all JW converts are really 'sheeplike' it is hard to understand why 50% of them will leave with the knowledge they will be called immoral, unrepentant sinners or worse yet, apostates because that is the only 2 reasons given for anyone leaving. Sad to admit, but most who leave become very bitter against God because they equate Him with the demonised WTBTS/JW cult and its DF'ing program. When a JW questions any of the actions, decisions or reversals that are rampant within the WTBTS, he/she is accused of complaining and rebelling against God. So when many become disillusioned with the WTS they also become angry with God. If it is the truth and they are the voice of God as the Governing Body claims, why do many who were taking in so much accurate knowledge and eaten so much good spiritual food become involved in the sins of the world? I am sure what I have said is not popular or politically correct but facts are facts and the WTBTS and its apostate Governing Body of JW's do not have bible facts and truths to share with anyone. because they are a business masquerading as a benevolent and loving religion. I refuse to work for a company with a 50% turnover rate.

• garybuss
    garybuss

sweet tee, you wrote:
    At least you knew when to walk away. I did move to an apartment across town for 7 months. I was sure that was "it". That was in 1993.
    The work started in 1995. I actually had to teach my wife the Watch Tower doctrines so I could show her how they were flawed. We settled on assessing the Witness people's behaviors rather than their doctrines. The behaviors were real, they were easy to observe and study. The Witness people came up short based on their behaviors. They were mean, dishonest, unreliable, unethical, and inconsistent.
    If a married couple allow one spouse to be shunned by the same people who are accepted as friends to the other spouse, that's NOT a marriage, that's a war. If you're mean to one hair on my wife's head, you've made an enemy of me. I'll fight ya. That's the kind of loyalty I demand in return. If you're gonne be friendly with people who snub and shun me, you're not gonna live under the same roof as me for one day. I'm too good of a guy to have to put up with crap like that. I'm not a bottom feeder no more.
    I can tell ya all how the healthy approach to the Witness's control tactics work. How's the doormat approach working for those of you all trying that? :-)

• jaredg
    jaredg

WHOOOHOOOOO!!! I'm so happy for you ITIS!! I know it a little early but do you think she will ever be open to joining the forum? if she ever did i think she would see how loving us "apostates" really are.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Thats really great news - I do hope that gradually your wife will begin to see more fully the hypocrisy of the cult. As has already been said, it would be a real eye opener if you could get her to read Ray Franz's books - that was the turning point for me and my husband. You begin to feel free from their hold when you realise that the FDS are not what they make themselves out to be

Best wishes and well done

Twinkletoes

• Bryan
    Bryan

ithink,

I really am speechless. Like everyone else, I'm on the sidelines, running with you, rooting for you!

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this real life drama.

God Bless,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This is just excellent news

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow!!! I am so happy to hear the update!!!

I think your wife's "rose-colored glasses" are starting to come off....(yahoo)

Judgmentalism and labeling of spiritual conditions and fear of "never doing too much" is NOT Christian...Your wife notices this, PERFECT!!!

I believe your wife is starting a new journey........."what the truth" really is....

CodeBlue

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks for all the kind words & suggestions everyone.

I was in a hurry this morning and couldn't really type EVERYTHING, but we also had some great conversations last night about the future of our children, and how I was excited that we can teach them to make GOOD friends and GOOD choices on their own. They have strong minds and can use them to their advantage.

I talked with her at length about Hassan's book on Cults & Mind Control, and suggested she check it out from the library. I talked about some of the others too. We also did talk about getting involved in PTA groups, and other things once we move to NC, and that was some of the suggestions in those books on cults - HOW to fill the VOID of friends from the KH and replacing them with new ones. I admitted to her it does seem a bit daunting, because the responsibility now rests on US as individuals, and not on an organization telling us who we can associate with.

She also talked alot about how she often feels a deeper spiritual connection when she is at a childbirth (my wife is a doula ... natural childbirth assistant). She said she feels such a deep sense of being and spirituality and awe that it blows her away.

I know I probably post MORE information than I should - or need to - but I feel really grateful to this list. Since I found it last January it was a BIG help for helping me mainly realize I wasn't the wackjob the Society made me out to be for doubting. I know my experiences aren't as extreme as some others here, but I do hope that some of my stuff can either encourage, or help people who are about to do the same thing.

Even though I have probably spent hundreds (perhaps a thousand or more) hours researching, practicing my approaches out loud with my wife, and bible reading - learning from JWD, WT Observer, FreeMinds, Quotes, and other sites really helped me greatly. It did reduce the time and frustration trying to find the answers I needed.

I think it was IPSEC (Matt) who said one time he would have never been where he was today if it wasn't for the experiences and knowledge of the ex-JWs before him. Back in the day when there was no Internet, and people had to write out timelines and research stacks of books strewn about their kitchen table (even though I did some of this myself) - those early "apostates" were the ones with the big brass ones. I salute you all and give you utmost respect.

My situation is far from over, but it is at a point that is WAY BETTER than I could have ever imagined. There will still be deep discussion, life still goes on, etc. but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

-ithinkisee

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

ITHINKISEE - I think you are about the luckiest man in the world at this moment. Savour it. You deserve it!

Hugs and love to you both.

Brenda

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

ITIS,

I know I probably post MORE information than I should - or need to

Nah...personally, I love hearing the details. You write very well, and I can always imagine the scenario as the story goes along. I actually look forward to an update on the situation everyday. It gives me hope that someday, my parents will find a way out too.

Keep up the good work. There are so many of us rooting for you and like someone else said, "running along side you".

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit