ITHINKISEE Update: Very positive - and some revealing thoughts from my wife

by ithinkisee 34 Replies latest members private

• vitty
    vitty

Its really important to discuss things that she feels are wrong. You have young children, this is great, get them involved in clubs and shell soon meet loads of other mums that she will find she has loads in common with

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    She said that a few months ago she was completely convinced I was cheating on her

LOL

Those were my own sentiments about my husband

• garybuss
    garybuss

My wife and I went back and forth about is the Watch Tower "right" and are they "Biblical". We wasted our time. A wise counselor had us change issues.
    New issues:
    1. Are we happy?
    2. Is the marriage working?
    3. What behaviors are working?
    4. What behaviors are not working?
    5. Do we want to be married to each other as things are?
    After we honestly answered those, we were not debating if the Watchtower magazine is right, we were negotiating our divorce. We really never made ANY real progress until we both admitted the marriage was a failure as it was and we either needed to make some radicle changes or we needed to go our separate ways.
    She had already said no to all my suggestions to save the marriage, so I voted to divorce. I was extremely sick of being shunned in my own home by my own wife and son.

• hubert
    hubert

Ithinkisee,

You did a great anti-witnessing case with your wife. You really know your stuff, man !!

Just keep doing what your doing, and I think you or actually she, are out and free. Good job.

Hubert

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

ITIS - Awesome! Even if she goes no further than this, look at what's been accomplished and how strong your relationship must be now.

Hang in!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

You're doing great. Maybe a logical next step would be to show how the WTS is just a human institution with faults and ups and downs like any other. One good way to do that is look at Yearbook reports or Watchtowers from Januarys that show the massive increases from 1971-1975 and then the decreases that occurred until about 1981-2 when the Live Forever book came out and apostasy was really demonized.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Big kudos to you and the wifey ITIC - leaning on oneanother rather than the tower .

She had already said no to all my suggestions to save the marriage, so I voted to divorce. I was extremely sick of being shunned in my own home by my own wife and son.

That must have been extremely painful garybus ((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))))))))))))))

At least you knew when to walk away.

sweet tee

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

ITIS -

I am so happy for you both. You have put a lot of thought, planning, and effort into this, and I'm so glad it's working!!!!

Keep us posted!

GGG

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

ITIS and wife,

I can only imagine the relief you are both feeling right now, and sharing!

Amen!

Hugs and love

Brenda

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You must be breathing a lot easier today. Congratulations. Some day this will make a great experience at the AC (apostate convention).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit