If New Light (TM) is so important...

by Elsewhere 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Why doesn't the WTS point out the New Light (TM) when it is published and do a compare and contrast study so JWs are fully aware of the change and the ramifications of the change?

To this day there are many JWs who are unaware of the Generation change in 1995.

• Daunt
    Daunt

The WTS shadow covert attitude was one of the biggest reasons for me leaving. They never capitalize on anything that could be harmful for their business. It is a cult.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    To this day there are many JWs who are unaware of the Generation change in 1995

WOW - you sure? I only learned this earlier this year. Amongst other things.

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

Ok, I don't remember the 95 generation change when I was still a JW- could someone fill me in on the "New Light (TM)?"

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have known 8 year pioneers who didn't know the Bible is only written to the anointed, that Jesus is only the mediator to the anointed, and that only the anointed have the command to preach.
    If you want to hide something from a Jehovah's Witness, put it in the Watchtower magazine.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The WTS has a monopoly on the "new light".They can do whatever they want with it.Just try telling them your not in agreement with something,like the points uncle Gary just brought out.

Goldminer

• undercover
    undercover
    Why doesn't the WTS point out the New Light (TM) when it is published and do a compare and contrast study so JWs are fully aware of the change and the ramifications of the change?

Well....duh....if they did that, people might just figure out that they were actually lied to. If they make a change and just kinda slip it through the WT study most JWs sleep right through it and never really know that anything important changed.

To this day there are many JWs who are unaware of the Generation change in 1995.

That's exactly why it wasn't compared and contrasted. Too many people would have figured out that something was bad wrong.

I remember the change in the WT. I even remember a couple of pioneers made some statements about it. But I didn't pay that close attention to it. I never studied it closely to see what really happened. I just took the WTS at their word. And that's what they want. "just listen to us and don't question, ok?"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

"Oceania was at war with Eurasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia."

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I have known 8 year pioneers who didn't know the Bible is only written to the anointed, that Jesus is only the mediator to the anointed, and that only the anointed have the command to preach.

Gary,

I sat through my only ever visit at a KH and asked my JW friends why the speaker had said non anointed JWs were not under the New Covenant. This was one of the main points in the talk. My friend said he didn't pick that up!? He genuinely didn't know.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jehovah's witnesses WERE only the anointed. The associates (now called Jehovah's Witnesses) were called people of good will. The current salvation doctrine for the non-anointed is . . . the non anointed will be judged by how they treat Jesus's brothers, the anointed (and their appointed helpers), here on earth IN the context of God's earthly literature printing business. The Witness people are NOT saved by their work, their faith, their love for God, or their loyalty to God. They are only saved by how well they OBEY the Society.
    The Witness people are treated like dogs by the Society. They just had 3 days of obedience training this summer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit