Do you know who you are?

by LouBelle 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

Will I be the same person? - Yes

Will my personality change? - Quite probably aspects of it will

Will slimming down alter me in other ways than just my body??? - Most physical things have altered us in some way mentally, like a car crash might alter your way of driving.

I think go for it, lose weight and see what happens, life is a journey and it would be so much fun to be able to travel it in different bodies.

• chrissy
    chrissy

congrats and good luck in your efforts to get healthier, loubelle. who cares about weight and numbers I say. It is how you feel on the inside that will determine what you exude outwardly. sounds like you've got the self-confidence thing down. plenty non-"chubby" gals feel like crap on the inside and it sort of shows.

you may notice you want to check yourself out every time you pass something shiny or reflective. nothing wrong with that.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

One thing that will change is your selfconfidence; you will have achieved something that is difficult to do and that is always encouraging. Im working on my weight too; I started around the time jeaniebeans or somebody else started a thread about dieting. I dont always get the exercise I should but I have lost 10 pounds and holding (sometimes the scales will say I lost 12 or so) but anyway Im at a holding mark and plan on losing more; but I am doing it for me, which I think is hard for me to do; sometimes I think it would be easier if I was doing it for someone else, if that makes sense.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't know who I am but I did lose 20 pounds in the last month. I really wasn't trying, I just wasn't hungy since I was not feeling well and I left off my sweet goodies when I noticed I was losing weight. I feel better now but am still cutting back on my portions of food. I would like to lose 20 more pounds.

Hope your diet works and you will be more healthy in the long run.

You seem to be who you like to be and that is a good thing too.

Ken P.

• Es
    Es

Hi hun, I have been in your situation before i have been chubby all my life too. I decided to loose weight when a bro in the congo said he would like me better if i was slimmer. So stupid me slimmed down and then all the other bro's started taking interest so the that bro started ignoring me. I then started getting skinnier and skinnier got bullima would hardly eat. I never looked skeletal just a little gaunt. I do admit it gives you alot of confidence being thinnner and much easier to buy clothes. I then meet my ex hubby we got married well i started putting on weight, i had a miscarriage so that made me put more weight on. My ex would then say why cant you look like what you looked like when i first met you? After having our son it was hard to get rid of the fat. My fiance now loves me for me, im the biggest i have ever been and i feel great, i have confidence i wear anything i like, and most of all he finds me very sexy. Dont want to put you off at all, i know i need to loose a bit of weight too, in my case i found it very hard to stay that way. All the best babe es

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I've been forcing myself back to the gym, it definately helps me feel better, whether through the release of built up angst or whatever you want to call it, definitely is a good thing.

WLG

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Maybe it's because society tells them they aren't as attractive as skinny gals and therefore need to compensate by having a better personality, but I've generally found that women who are carrying a few extra pounds are more personable than their slimmer counterparts.

So if men seem more intimidated by the skinnier you, or if other women seem a little catty, it's probably because of their accumulated experience with and expectations regarding slim attractive women.

A few years ago I dated a woman who was about 5'4" and about 180 lbs., and I've never been as physically attracted to any woman before or since as I was to her, so don't think for a second that you have to be skinny to be sexy.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dan - I know what you say is true -you don't have to be skinny to be sexy......

Right so a little update - I went to my "food analyst" A nice name for a dietician. She was great and we chatted about food, insulin, peaking, stabelising, thyroid, sustainability - you name it. She was absolutlely wonderful.

It truly is about eating healthy & seeing food as feul for your body.

I'm pretty amped - I'm only starting on monday as I have to go out and buy all my food. And I'm going to go to gym - I don't mind exercise & well at one stage in my life was quite into it. I'm not allowed to weigh myself for a month. On the 19th of September I'll let you know how much I've lost.

A few people I've spoken too say "we hope that you don't change when you lose the weight" - I don't know if I'm reading between the invisible lines, but it comes across a little negative, almost as if they don't want me to do this - hell I haven't even started yet.

Thank you so much for being the bunch of encouraging people that you are. Just wish some of you more accessble. Perhaps I'll come over to the U.S of A one day (If you're in Paris, Rome or england, I'll be over next year march :o)

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Hey Loubelle

I reckon it's more about age. Really.

At mid life(40) I took a hard look at myself. My exwife said I looked 50 and she was right. I changed my outlook and the pounds went with it. I am my real self now. I have friends of all ages and no one can believe that I am nearly fifty.

I don't know how old you are but my advice is go with the flow. You definitely are changing in more ways than you realise.

Have fun with it!

• trevor
    trevor

I have come to the realization that I am not anyone.

I acquired this body as a vehicle to visit your planet. It has served me well and given me much pleasure.

I do not understand why you worry so much about your disposable bodies. I have enjoyed being with you wonderful earth dwellers.

When I have concluded my observations I shall discard the body and continue my journey. I will not leave until the seven moons have realigned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit