ITHINKISEE Update: Some more conversation (and a new update from original)

by ithinkisee 37 Replies latest members private

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Heh. She does not know I am on this site yet.

She better never find out! We know more about her then she does at this point.

It is so good to hear her coming to her own conclusion. You are handling this in a very loving delicate way.

To have her pray (no head covering crap) is monumental, especially since she seems to feel closer to God though she is rejecting the WTS protocol, very telling!

Read Proverbs! Very comforting and light on doctrine. Use this time to bond.

• undercover
    undercover
    Heh. She does not know I am on this site yet.

She better never find out!

It's best she not found out for other reasons as well...at least until you are both successfully away from the influence of JWs.

In her present state, if she knew you were associating with known apostates and opposers online, it might drive her back to reassuring her faith with the JWs. She might think you've been overly influenced by Satan and that she needs to not listen to you and your false reasoning.

I've enjoyed your threads and posts on the developments. It takes a lot of courage to not only talk with her about your position but also to come here and share with us. The support you are getting from so many here tells me that many of us are in your shoes and you are giving us hope and inspiring us to do the same when its our turn.

Good luck.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Ah, good. She's probably wondering where her pink bikini went. That one you don't want out of the closet yet!

Heh ... exactly. By the way ... I do have a family website with pics and everything. For those of you I have known on this list for awhile, send me a PM and I'll point you to it. -ithinkisee

• ackack
    ackack

I think (in terms of a bible reading) the book of Galatians is pretty powerful in terms of dispelling WT theology. Right there in chapt 1 & 2 you have pretty convincing proof against a governing body. chapt 3 is proof against a law (an argument for freedom). I would have to take a look again and do some thinking to give you more. Just an idea :)

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks ackack .... I was looking at that too. I was torn between that and Colossians ... but Colossians has a lot of stuff on the deity of Christ and I am not sure we are ready to broach that subject (although we have, a tiny bit, with the Trinity brochure).

I have a few non-NWT bibles, I have the "New International Version", and the red-letter Living Bible. We also have the WT-produced King James.

Any suggestions on a translation?

-ithinkisee

• ackack
    ackack

I think the NIV is a good choice. If there is emotional attachment to the NWT, use it by all means. Its not substantially different. (Though Gal 6:1 always burns me up in the NWT.. those with spiritual qualifications.. lets just go insert some more words! WOOHOO!)

I don't really feel it will make any huge difference which translation you use. I always thought the JB was a nice readable bible.

Good luck with your bible reading. Let us know which points you share and how they go over :)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sounds like you are making great progress with her and she is coming around.

Happy for you

Wanna

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I like the message Bible. Also you might want to check out : biblegateway.com for an assortment of different bible translations

wanna

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would still recommend starting with John rather than Galatians or other Pauline epistles because it has a narrative, a story, that packs an emotional wallop. Rather than hearing what some guy named Paul thinks, you are hearing Jesus say things for himself and reading a story that tells compellingly all the things about Christ and salvation through Christ that the WTS would rather not emphasize.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Second the motion on Galatians. It wipes out WT theocracy very quickly. And fully agree to avoid NWT. The Living Bible is very good, easy to read, far from the WT's version with it's trigger words. Good luck, dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit