You wanna weave my dreams.

by DelTheFunkyHomosapien 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Anyone a dream weaver here? Pro or hobbyist? Reason I ask?

I have extremely vivid dreams. Sometimes 4 or 5 a night and I remember most of them. They seem to have a big impact on my sleep as well. If the dream was very intense emotionally or phsyically I will wake up as though I had just gone through the experience in my concious state.

How vivid they are is a spin out. Sometimes if someone I know has been in a dream and I see them the next day I have to check myself whether my last memory of them was dreamt the previous night or the conversation/event actually took place.

So if anyone (no piss takers, I can do a good job on myself thankyou) wants to weave/ analyse my dreams I'll post them and try and find out what my mind is trying to tell me.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I also have trouble differentiating between dream and reality from time to time. The worst dream of all is when you got a ton of money, only to wake up and realize that you're still broke.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I also have trouble differentiating between dream and reality from time to time. The worst dream of all is when you got a ton of money, only to wake up and realize that you're still broke.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sonny Don't you just "HATE" those dreams!!!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    How vivid they are is a spin out. Sometimes if someone I know has been in a dream and I see them the next day I have to check myself whether my last memory of them was dreamt the previous night or the conversation/event actually took place.

I have exactly the same problem - its often very difficult to know whether I have had a conversation or not. I simply cannot tell without asking someone if certain things happened or did not. I can be postive I had a conversation with Mr C - ie can I borrow £20 and he said yes, and it will turn out to be a dream! Sometimes I think we rehearse for the next day during our sleep. I have long and futiley campaigned to be paid opvertime agfter i have spent a whole night working at the office in my dreams!

Now as for analysing - I do have a dream analysis book or two, but I think your dreams are individual and except on a very superficial level, you are the only person who can translate any meaning in to them. That said - certain actions and events can have standard meanings. Flying can be about escape and about taking responsibility. My flying dreams - although often the scarieast, are also the most thrilling, because I actually see everything below me just as you would if you were a bird. Sometimes I can't get airborne and sometimes my feet just dangle out of reach of those I'm flying away from or showing off to.

One thing for sure - I would hate not to dream! But yes feel free to post any of your exciting episodes here.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Sometimes if someone I know has been in a dream and I see them the next day I have to check myself whether my last memory of them was dreamt the previous night or the conversation/event actually took place.

This happens to me all the time. My worsts ones are when I dream that my bf is cheating on me. I actually hit him in the middle of the night! And I was mad at him the next morning, till I finally realized it was just a dream. Or dreaming that I didnt have to go to work, and had to call the next day to make sure. I am curious about these things also.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I get these kinda things a lot myself. Most of the time tho I'll have a great dream, but cant remember a thing after i wake up. I remember feeling 'good' about the dream, but not what it was about!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    My worsts ones are when I dream that my bf is cheating on me.

Snap - buttlight! Me too! I've woken up screaming - in fact I used to have that dream for the first 3 or 4 years we went out with each other. I hardly ever have them now. Do you know why I think this is? Because I stopped flirting wqith intent all the time and I stopped cheating? and walla - the bad dreams stopped!

• trevor
    trevor

Dreams have many functions but Freud reckoned that the main ones were to express anxiety or wish fulfilment. Carl Jung thought they connected us to a collective consciousness. Many people have expanded on these ideas since. Dreams are a very personal thing and there is no fixed interpretation for certain items or situations that appear.

Like films they may have many different settings and be woven into varied story lines. Usually the same emotion or feeling will be repeated in different dreams. It is this emotion that we feel that is significant not the detail of the dream.

For example if we are running are we running away or towards something or someone, but more importantly what emotion are we feeling as we run? How do we feel when we wake up? What sense of loss, anger or happiness are we left with? Has out emotion towards a situation or person shifted as a result of the dream?

Sweet dreams!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    I get these kinda things a lot myself. Most of the time tho I'll have a great dream, but cant remember a thing after i wake up.

That's annoying. I often have great dreams and think about them as I'm falling back to sleep, but then I totally forget what I was thinking about and can't recall the dream. I thought about writing them down before I forget, but that takes too much effort when you're half asleep.

Does anyone ever wake up laughing or crying due to a dream you can't remember? The best laughter in the world is post-dream laughter.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Does anyone ever wake up laughing or crying due to a dream you can't remember? The best laughter in the world is post-dream laughter.

That is way cool dude! You actually have dreams that make you laugh. Wow - i wish I had dreams like that! Mine are more likely to involve me and a machete!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit