Maintaining "Paradise"

by DelTheFunkyHomosapien 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

How do the dubs explain paradise working? I am by no means across any religions theology so dumb this right down people.

Pull me up if I'm wrong but they say after I and 99% odd of the worlds populace gets smited (sp) that the JW's or at least 144,000 of them will inherit the earth. No sickness, hunger, government and all that. What I want to know is the basics.

Housing

Power

Water (I can grasp that it won't run out)

Education

Eventual Overpopulation

Food (I doubt everyone will be self sufficient)

Will animals still get sick and die? If not what about the eventual plagues. If so what about plagues destroying crops?

Machinery

Transport

Infrastructure

The weather; storms, cyclones

The environment; earthquakes, tsunamis

Our suns eventual collapse

Asteroids

All that can't be explained away by 'Jobo's gunna do it all man, oh boy it's gunna be a trip' (not that I've heard a jw speak like a really bad hippy).

• Honesty
    Honesty

The average dub doesn't worry about how the pairadice will be accomplished. They just want to be seen in Field Service enough so that they can get into it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

didnt someone write a very good topic along these lines about what it would truely take to live in "Paradise" with most of the world's populations gone? It was over a year ago, maybe close to 2 years

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

just opne small correction - they think 144,000 of them will go to heaven. In fact that most of that number are already there barring a few stragglers - about 8000 still on earth. the 6 million dubs will inherit the earth. practicalities are never thought about or preached about from teh platform - god will take care of it all.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Bit off topic but I thought dubs didn't believe in heaven and hell.

If someone has a link to that old thread or keep this one going I don't mind.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

they believe in heaven and they believe in hell. Hell is the common grave of mankind - where we all go and there is no conciousness but neither is there any hell fire torture etc. Heaven is for a small number of humans who will join jehoba and jesus to rule as kings in heaven.

I don't know what link Mrs jones refers to as I've not been here that long, but go here to read the diary of a JW who goes to paradise:

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/armagsurv.html

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Thanks Crumpet sounds about right.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Thanks Crumpet sounds about right.

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

BAM. Junior member. Sorry bout the double post.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Don't worry - keep double posting and you'll soon be a fine upstanding Jedi Master like myself! It's all about repetition for emphasis. Hope you enjoy the spoof diary - its very blackly comic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit