BERRY LAWSUIT EVALUATED

by MadApostate 133 Replies latest jw friends

• anewperson
    anewperson

See, you twisted what was said. I clearly said there have been numerous successful suits against church hierarchies, and indeed the courts have championed victims time after time. You twisted that to my saying there had been numerous ones against the WTS, a palpable falsity quickly spotted by anyone reading what actually was written above by me. In fact you Watchtower legal boys know there now will be a series of lawsuits or you wouldn't be here posting so as to hopefully misdirect and dissuade. [Poor job of it, though :) ]

As to your sidekick saying Al Shroeder's son was demoted, that does not go with what has been said and nor does is it even reasonable that Judah, as son of a Gov. Body member would have been fired and without major echoes of it resounding all over the internet and back through our own sources. More likely you're testing to see just how much inside stuff there really is here. [We'll give you A for effort on that one.)

Now if the Reed case is not still enroute to a U.S. Supreme Court hearing, as said it won't thwart the efforts of silentlambs and the attornies; but I do herewith challenge you to either present proof of what you allege, say an copy off the Lexus-Nexus database for attornies, or else you are yet again proved false.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Liar,

: First, I am not an attorney, and my only connection with the legal profession is that which occasionally arises out of my personal or business affairs.

And what would those be? Please be specific.

: Second, I have no access to court records, opinions, etc., other than what is available via internet search engines.

One has to wonder why a DipFuck like you would be interested in such things. Care to enlighten we dummies, you DipFuck Cultist?

Farkel

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

ADumbassperson:

Since I'm not an attorney, and I have no access to one without incurring charges, I can't access the Lexis-Nexis database for you. However, for everyone out there that isn't a Dumbass like you, the info can be accessed using a good internet search engine like Google. I just pulled up 6 hits on Google which prove that the USSC refused to hear Rees in February 2000. I didn't post a link previously (or now) because I want Readers here to see what Fools some of their supposed heros here at JW.com are. "Anewperson"-riiight!!!

And NO Dumbass, you did NOT make it clear that you were referring to lawsuits against church hierarchies OTHER than the WTS. You are correct about one thing. Readers CAN go back and see what you wrote!

I'll leave it to E.H. to kick your ass for both calling him my "sidekick", and disputing the info he posted.

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

: Now as to the status of Judah Ben Shroeder, he's over the Watchtower's international activities, meaning was promoted, not demoted.

Prove this assertion. Please give us his corporate title and department. I gave you leeway, assuming you meant he was involved with international PUBLIC RELATIONS activities. Now you imply something further.

: As to your sidekick saying Al Shroeder's son was demoted, that does not go with what has been said and nor does is it even reasonable that Judah, as son of a Gov. Body member would have been fired and without major echoes of it resounding all over the internet and back through our own sources

"With what has been said." Name the rumor mill. We don't deal in rumor here, we respect people who print facts that can be verified. Randy Watters knows better, it can't be him.

Since when does the Society do things that are reasonable? It cans decent people all the time without shock waves.

"Our own sources." Name them, or acknowledge they are ignorant of the facts.

I gave you a chance. You now have thoroughly discredited yourself as completely without accurate knowledge. Anyone reading this can pick up a phone and call Brooklyn to verify what I have written--you can too. There are scores of us who know the facts but have chosen not to comment on this incidental factoid.

Were Bert Schroeder more influential on the governing body, the GB may not have gotten themselves into the complete mess they are in today.

It was inconsistent with Maine law for the State Supreme Court to advance the case--they did indeed refuse to do so. That is not the situation in New Hampshire, and it should be reasonably obvious to everyone by now why that state and case were selected.

No more information or chances. Straighten up your act. We are free to express wildly divergent opinion here--and do--but while we are sympathetic to all exJWs, no one will tolerate playing fast and loose with the facts.

Jerome

P.S. No one with inside information would ever call him "Al"

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

E.H.

Honest inquiry. NO BS. Just looking for some educated imput. (Since I'm new here, I really don't know if you are just another AlanF or Farkel. Sorry for the grazing insult if you are not.)

You said that anyone should understand why this state and case were selected.

I assume your reference to the "state" is based on the fact that NH has a reporting law. However, how does a one get around that 1995 NH Supreme Court decision that said there was no civil action for failure to report. Even if the legislature has later allowed such (I don't know that it has. I'm asking?), I believe the general legal principle against "ex post facto" type laws would prohibit such from appling to this case?

With regard to your inference that this case was somehow "specially" selected, I also do not understand the reasoning. It would appear that the facts of this case actually are a detrient to pinning liability on the WTS or the local cong. The abuse was committed by a Father against his own children in his own home. Practically all "successful" lawsuits against religious orgs involve a church employee/volunteer abusing nonrelatives, using their "church" position/authority as the means of control. None of that exists in this case. Thus, what is you line of thought?

• anewperson
    anewperson

Not one google.com article says Rees' case did or didn't go on to the UNITED STATES Supreme Court and though some articles say he lost in Maine's supreme court many point out he WON $1.2 million from JW elder step-father Larry Baker in on the local state court level and note he couldn't collect from Baker - not noting it was because Baker was broke.

Judah Ben Schroder oversees international affairs for the Watchtower Society and given his legal background and closeness to his father Albert Schroeder of the Gov. Body anyone reading this will realize his procedings are not minor.

Your efforts to dissuade attornies from going after funds of the Watchtower Society and its associated entities is an abysmal failure. Instead of discouraging any of us, you motivate us to expose your absurdities and falsities all the more.

Run Watchtower boys, run!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Most of you are acting like asses with this matter.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Since E.H. isn't gonna answer my questions, maybe someone else would like to try.

It would be nice if the answers are "legally" based!

• Anchor
    Anchor

Mad One,

Don't have answers for you myself and can't hazard a guess.

Anewperson,

: Judah Ben Schroder oversees international affairs for the Watchtower Society and given his legal background and closeness to his father Albert Schroeder of the Gov. Body anyone reading this will realize his procedings are not minor.

Where did you come to this conclusion? You are wrong. Don Adams is the new President of the Watch Tower Society, and it is he who oversees the international end. Not to be unkind, but you just don't know what you are talking about and remind me of that group in Russia or in the Eastern bloc.

Judah Ben has no legal training whatsoever. Anyone who knows him will tell you he has not over any international relations. You probably saw his name on a press release such as in Great Britain, because he handled that for the now-reorganized Public Affairs department which he's no longer with.

If you do not choose to call Watchtower to verify it as suggested, why not call Randy Watters? You seem to have regard for him--I visited your site. You have been misled by someone, and not the people on this thread. All of us want to see Watchtower sued TO CHANGE POLICY. None of us wants to protect Watchtower, the folks here are dialogueing to get at specifics.

Why am I taking time to reply? I have been lied to for a very long time; better said, I have let myself be lied to it. Don't spend the rest of your life based on rumor, find out for yourself anything you want to. You will have a new sense of freedom that is amazing.

-A

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I'm still waiting on someone to answer the qustions that I have posted above.

Until then, I believe everyone should find the following magazine article extremely interesting.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shielding Pedophile Priests?

"Some dioceses still shield priests accused of pedophilia," ran a recent headline in the U.S. newspaper National Catholic Reporter. The newspaper interviewed Jeffrey Anderson, a lawyer who specializes in cases of sexual abuse. He estimates that since 1985, when priestly pedophilia came under increased public scrutiny, there have been over a thousand cases in which priests molested children. Anderson had some harsh words for the church's response to the ongoing crisis: "It is a continuing saga of avoiding responsibility," he charges, decrying the church's focus on protecting the accused clerics. "As a general rule, the institutional response of the church has been willfully inadequate both in tending to victims and dealing with risks." --AWAKE 8/22/91 p.29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit