Why isn't the bible clear and precise about everything?

by JH 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Jesus/the bible spoke in parables/is unclear because his words had two meanings. One meaning, the literal was for initiates into the outer mysteries of Christianity. The deeper meaning/symbolic was for those ready to be initiated into the esoteric mysteries.

*ducks flames*

• Ellie
    Ellie

The bible was written by so many different people that it would be very difficult for it not to have some contradictions.

I don't believe it was inspired of god, if it were then I'm sure he would have made it a whole lot simpler for us to understand, especially when our lives would depend on it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why didn't God make the bible more clear? There wouldn't be thousands of different religions around the world, and people killing one another in the name of God. Why didn't God make the bible clearer, and easy even for even the dummest person to understand?

If there is such a thing as a "God of love" who is omnipotent then the bible is the last thing he could ever be associated with. A "God of love" who is omnipotent should have reasonably good communication skills. Humans have studied the bible for thousands of years and are still divided and confused about it. That is not indicative of an author who has good communication skills. And the butchery of the old testament does not sound much like a "God of love". The bible is nothing more than a book written by men. It's purpose is to confuse, divide, and ultimately oppress the masses. W

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Sorry, I was addressing that to Mtbatoon

John 19:22

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    Sorry, I was addressing that to Mtbatoon

No need, I've learnt my lesson and like I said I keeping stumm on the subject. If katiekitten wants it, she can have it.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Depends whose gonna spank me. Im a picky lady you know!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

words are triggers for experiences and instructions on how to order them... if you do not share the experiences

of the author your mental imagery will do the best it can based soley on what you imagine he might mean.

the bible suggests that this is overcome by some magic called the holy spirit that will compensate for the lack of

shared experiences, though I have never found any religion which could demonstrate such existed.

JWs do parrot the same basic answer to the same basic questions, however when you ask them to clarify what they believe that answers means you get as many different opinions as you find with all other pretenders to the knowledge of the truth.

As one of my favorite authors says the bible is a mirror of your souls. No monkey looking in will find a god staring back.[Robert A Wilson]

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Why does the bible need to be clear and precise about everything?

steve

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Last I checked bullsht has always been hard to see through.

• trevor
    trevor
    Why didn't God make the bible clearer, and easy even for even the dummest person to understand?

The Bible was written to be understood by the dummest of people. In fact it states that foolishness is a requirement.

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty” 1 Cor 1:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit