Why isn't the bible clear and precise about everything?

by JH 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can remember asking the same question, as a young enthused but confused dub. Why didnt God just give us an inspired "Truth book" I said, "Then there would not be any argument about what we are supposed to do?" I was firmly told that it was not gods will, that God wants those willing to search for the truth, and that this sorts out those who really want to know, from those who would just come in because they had to save their lives. Pretty weak reply..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    God hath chosen the foolish things of the world

This is the only scripture that could logically fit the JWs.

W

• M.J.
    M.J.

This why people are hooked by folks like the WTS, who offer their patented assertive speculation on everything the Bible really teaches.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

When I stopped looking at the bible as a book of answers, and started looking at it as a book of questions...it made much more sense to me.

We are intelligent beings. Why would God just give us the answers? Why not let us figure it out for ourselves? Any one given answer may not be appropriate for everyone.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Last I checked bullsht has always been hard to see through.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

For those who have understanding, we know the meaning of the Word.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

every book the WTBS makes basically tells people that they truly believe that God was incompetant and needs their help

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit