We can't save them all

by wanderlustguy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Second stage is anger. I'd say defd is deep in second stage. Why else bait the posters here on JWD?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

With Defd I wonder if it is some sort of self abuse, I mean why would you post things like Defd does knowing you are just going to get reamed, steamed, and dry cleaned by this bunch unless you sort of like getting humiliated on a public forum.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like sowing nuggets of wisdom when I meet people who are studying with the JW's at the mall or wherever. I find the atmosphere at the KH too restrictive. I usually ask the same kinds of questions I ask anyone I meet new, nothing creepy. Like, "You are an all-or-nothing kind of guy, aren't you?" I am naturally curious and friendly. I want to know how they got sucked in to a study, what the attraction is. It's the order, isn't it? Having all the answers to life neatly laid out.

I think the trick to get over survivor's guilt is that we can't take ownership over other people. They must make their path alone and live with the consequences. All we can do is give our little peice, and let them take it or leave it.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Jehovah is too busy drinking beer with me, at night, to be bothered about it. He keeps pointing out schmucks like that and grinning inanely.

LT, darlin', I'll remember that next time I'm tempted to go worship at St. John Coltrane. It might push me over the edge.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit