Europe - Do Their Leaders Have the Guts?

by roybatty 56 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Lol Roybatty you truly are a finely tuned Armchair warrior.

Must be all the working out I've been doing.

.My only problem is Bush,s eagerness to go flying in feet first,causing all kinds of trouble,stirring up hatred and resentment( the likes of which will go on for a long time)killing innocent Women and Children..all in the name of finding Nuclear ,biological and chemical Weapons that may or may not exist.Of course,in Iraq they didnt.

I agree. And I don't have a problem with having an investigation after the war HOWEVER, I want Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy and all the rest of the senators who voted for this war investigated.

Did Bush and our leaders exhaust every option before going to war? I guess history will tell us.

• foreword
    foreword
    So you're saying that diplomacy won't work with Iran? What other option are you proposing?

Invade the bastards

he's saying "you don't like the way I do things, fine, let's do it your way."

C'mon...lol...You make it sound like Bush is such a diplomat.

Say what you want about the war in Iraq. I can promise you one thing, Iraq won't be building nukes any time soon.

In the shape they're in I guess not...

Democracy / freedom means to give everyone a chance to have what the next guy has.

You have a house, so can I,

You own an SUV, so can I,

You have nukes, so can I,

I don't see a problem with that. Where I see a problem is for people saying nukes are bad yet holding on to their stash. If they're bad, get rid of them. If you keep yours, let others have some too.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I don't see a problem with that. Where I see a problem is for people saying nukes are bad yet holding on to their stash. If they're bad, get rid of them. If you keep yours, let others have some too.

Who's saying nukes are all that bad? It can be argued that nukes have kept us from another World War. The key is having two sides that have too much to loose. U.S. vs. the Soviets, India vs.Pakistan, China vs. Japan (knowing that it can build a nuke quickly), etc. The problem with Iran is radical elements would have their finger on the bomb. These individuals couldn't care less about a counter-strike from the U.S. because, like the suicide bombers they train and support, they're ready to meet Allah and be in paradise with there 10 virgins.

If Iran is allowed to develop a nuke, there is no doubt in my mind that it will use it against Israel. They will. I remember a couple of years ago when that big earthquake hit Iran. Some 40 - 50 thousand people were killed, many were injured and many others were trapped underground. Iran accepted help from every nation except Israel. It's leaders felt that it would be better to allow it's citizens to die buried under rubble then to be saved by a Jew. The hatred for Israel by the leaders of Iran, not the Iranians themselves, is so strong it will use the bomb on them. Another possibility is a nuke going off in New York harbor or in a London subway. Then we'll all stand around and bitch about Bush not doing enough to stop Iran from developing nukes.

Invade Iran? I don't know. Air strikes? Maybe. All I know is the world is bitching about Bush & Co. so now lets see what our european cousins can do.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Was the intelligence coming from the same source as the "Weapons of Mass Disappearance" ? Besides the message that Bush and company has sent out to the other "Axis of Evil" nations is, if you don't want to get invaded you better arm yourself.

Will

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Will they (Europe) set up a trade embargo or will they simply stand idle and watch Iran thumb it's nose at the collective EU and the rest of the world?

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

I do get scared at night. I get scared for my kids, when I put them to bed and start wondering what kind of world we will leave them. I get scared thinking about the debt that the president is creating that my kids and their kids will have to pay off. I get scared because I see so many people in this country who are unable to think for themselves. So many people who get their information from one source(usually Fox News), and repeat what they hear as if it's proven fact. "Kim Jong Il is starving his people to create a nuclear arsenal", "Iran will attack Israel", "Bush is always right and every other leader is evil".

• Terry
    Terry

Our country has disproved its own illusory military superiority when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan. We can get in and blow things up; but, we can't secure the aftermath.

We are unwilling to merely blow things up. We assert our preference for political end games that tip the balance of power in favor of a democracy. But, we can't MAKE it happen.

Taking on Korea or Iran would not get us what we desire. What America desires is customers!

We do fine with China now because they are customers and we are theirs. We both have something to gain and lose.

But, with Korea and Iran we stand to lose without gaining.

It is pointless to succumb to the illusion that military power can do anything other than postpone the outworking of imbalance in the human condition.

We carry a big stick, but, we've wielded it in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The most successful military power on earth was the Roman Empire that lasted well over a thousand years. They never struck first as a military power and always waited for invitation of pretext. When they conquered, they let locals rule under supervision. When anyone challenged their Pax Romana the justice was swift and complete. Where Rome faltered was in trying to defeat peoples who could hit and run at will. Many a legion was lost when the enemies they faced refused to line up and march into their spear points.

The ultimate defeat of the power of Rome was immigration. Enough barbarians were hired as mercenaries to fight in the army that there was no espirit de core when push came to shove. Barbarians don't fight barbarians with as much conviction as Romans.

T.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Did Bush and our leaders exhaust every option before going to war? I guess history will tell us.

History may flesh out some details, but we have more than enough facts on hand to know that the answer is an indisputable "no" to that question.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    So many people who get their information from one source(usually Fox News), and repeat what they hear as if it's proven fact. "Kim Jong Il is starving his people to create a nuclear arsenal", "Iran will attack Israel", "Bush is always right and every other leader is evil".

Interesting how you grab two of my quotes but then fabricate a third one. "Bush is always right", Ha! I don't think so. But when I read stuff like "I'm more worried about a Texas redneck....blah blah blah..." it just makes me wonder what's going through people's minds.

In North Korea a man who's willing to starve to death his own people has an arsenal of nukes. In Iran a man who would be happy to see the destruction of the U.S. has been elected president and is trying desperately to build a nuke. Now, I don't know what else keeps you up at night but trusting Iran not to pass along a nuke to Al Qaeda is enough to give me nightmares.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Did Bush and our leaders exhaust every option before going to war? I guess history will tell us.

Roybatty

I think its fair to say that History will judge the invasion of iraq as a complete disaster. The blundering done by Bush ,and also let us not forget the Lies too,should SHOULD put him in the same bracket as Nixon ..at the very least!

Sadly,your Country saw fit to Elect the fool for another term.

When you talk nonsense about Bush et al exhausting all options before war...lol,which Bush are you talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit