Europe - Do Their Leaders Have the Guts?

by roybatty 56 Replies latest social current

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Is Kim Jung IL a con artist? Absolutely. But you did leave out the fact that the US didn't live up to it's part of the agreement either. You know that whole "build them a powerplant" dealio? Of course you are leaving out the whole acceleration process under Bush because of calling them part of the Axis of Evil. So I ask again what would YOU have done differently???

And please more Europe bashing people!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Send in a SWAT team and take out Kim Jung Il

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Radical muslims in Iran having nukes scares the hell out of me. Insane North Koreans who are willing to starve to death millions of their own people in order to build nukes scares the hell out of me.

Dont forget mad,psycho red neck Texans in charge of 12000 Nuclear Missiles...that scares the hell outta me.

Remind me again please,when was America elected judge,jury and executioner.I missed that one.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Is Kim Jung IL a con artist? Absolutely. But you did leave out the fact that the US didn't live up to it's part of the agreement either. You know that whole "build them a powerplant" dealio?

In 1994 Carter, sent by Clinton, brokers a deal and billions of dollars in western aid is sent to North Korea with them agreeing to stop their nuke programs. In 1998 U.S. intelligence discovers that the North Koreans have a secret underground nuke plant so congress decides to stop sending them aid. I don't see a problem with that. I mean, shi* if we're going to pay blackmail money we should expect our blackmailers to do what we're paying them to do. BTW - we did give them a power plant.

Of course you are leaving out the whole acceleration process under Bush because of calling them part of the Axis of Evil.

Let's see. In the mid to late 1990's North Korea's leaders starve to death 4 million of their own people by diverting foreign aid sent to them for buying food which is instead spent of developing nukes and a ballistic missle program. On one occasion 20 million dollars of an 80 million dollar aid program is spent on Mercedes Benz automobiles. If that doesn't meet the criteria of being evil, I don't know what does.

So I ask again what would YOU have done differently???

1. Placed actual pressure on China to stop helping the North Koreans develop nukes. Threaten to prevent them from entering WTO. Impose sanctions on them if needed. Instead, the Clinton administration was buddies with the Chinese, thinking they would help stop the North Koreans from building nukes. Instead the Chinese played us for fools, did a lot of lip service and helped the North Koreans. I would have made the Chinese choose who they want to be friends with - the North Koreans or the U.S. 2. Prevented China, North Korea and Pakistan from trading missle and nuke technolgy with each other. While they were doing this in the late 1990's, the U.S. and Europe did nothing. As a matter of fact, we were so stupid that in 1998 the Clinton administration believed and anounced that North Korea did not even have a ballistic missle program, then, two weeks later, the North Koreans fired a missle right over Japan. It later landed off the coast of Alaska. DOH! 3. I would strongly considered missle strikes against North Korea's nuke sites.

And please more Europe bashing people!!!

New slogan for Switzerland....."Kinda like France, just pussier".....lol...j/k

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Well I will also add that since Europe spends such a meger amount of it's GDP funding their respective militaries they can't really complain when others do take the lead militarily. Diplomacy has always worked better when backed with real strength to carry out it's will. I really see no reason to keep troops in western Europe except for global logistics support and we should let the Europeans protect themselves as they see fit. Our concern needs to be in Asia with N. Korea and the emergence of China as a world power. Also, from keeping the Pakistanis and the Indians from blowing each other up.

Also, I would rather be building up our Central American friends instead of building up China. I think we should concentrate more effort towards keeping infrastucture and investment closer to home in friendly, peaceful, democratic countries such as Mexico, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina, and Costa Rica.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye
    Dont forget mad,psycho red neck Texans in charge of 12000 Nuclear Missiles...that scares the hell outta me.

Remind me again please,when was America elected judge,jury and executioner.I missed that one

Scares the hell out of me too. I think we in the US need to stop being hypocritical. We can't expect other countries to suspend their nuclear programs when we are expanding ours. Plus, leaders look at the nations that Bush has invaded and see that one way to protect your country from him is to have nukes.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Also, I would rather be building up our Central American friends instead of building up China. I think we should concentrate more effort towards keeping infrastucture and investment closer to home in friendly, peaceful, democratic countries such as Mexico, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina, and Costa Rica.

I agree. I'd much rather see the U.S. do business with those countries instead of China. The question is, do those countries want to make the investment? IMO the economic might of a nation is measured by it's manufacturing. The Chinese have made a decision to be an economic powerhouse and they have achieved this through their manufacturing base. You don't hear a lot of people saying "cheap Chinese crap" anymore. What is limiting China is their lack of natural resources. Blackouts in even there developed industrial areas is very common. What scares me is that the Chinese are building new hydro-electric dams like crazy and will soon have this problem under control.

If you think we've lost a lot of jobs to China over the last few years, you haven't seen anything yet. But, that's a topic for a differnt day....

• talesin
    talesin

It doesn't take any guts at all to bomb the hell out of another country. Trying to find a more diplomatic solution? Now that takes guts.

t

• roybatty
    roybatty

Remind me again please,when was America elected judge,jury and executioner.I missed that one

Scares the hell out of me too. I think we in the US need to stop being hypocritical. We can't expect other countries to suspend their nuclear programs when we are expanding ours. Plus, leaders look at the nations that Bush has invaded and see that one way to protect your country from him is to have nukes.

I bet you also two get scared at bedtime. If you equate the U.S. having nukes (and controlled by Bush) to Iran and North Korea having nukes, then you two really need to sit down and educate yourselves about the leaders of those countries.

What should scare you is a leader willing to starve to death his own people in order to build up his military. He now has a half dozen nukes and an advanced ballistic missle program. If his people ever decided to rise up and over throw him, do you think he would hesistate to take out as many people with him as he can? I'd give it a 50 - 50 chance that he would. What about Pakistan and it's nukes falling into the hands of a fund. muslim government? That doesn't scare you?

C'mon, let's think before we post.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Let's not forget who spotted the potential of china first and did something about it, and then who opened the door to china. Hint - they were american presidents.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit