TOP TEN SIGNS THAT YOU ARE AN UNQUESTIONING JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

by nicolaou 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

Oh lets not forget the blowing of seven trumpets by God's Angels, accompannied by dramatic destructive effects, and later the vision of seven plauges and seven bowls of God's anger poured out in Revelation Chapter 8,9. This being solidly fullfilled in the unquestioning witness mind by seven resolutions passed at seven conventions during the years 1922 to 1928.

If only most witnesses today even had any knowledge of these supposedly proufound importatnt fullfillements of scripture. Most do not know they even existed or were in supposed fullfillment of Revelation chapter 8,9.

Or that an eight day general convention in Ceder Point, Ohio on September 1-8, 1919, was a notification to all the world [indicating] who it was that the returned Lord Jesus had found to be his 'faithful and discreet slave' class.

Ticker

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

11. You actually believe that you don't take the bible literally, yet repeatedly use your literal interpretation of 2 Peter 3:8 that "one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" as proof of this fact.

• inquirer
    inquirer

nicolaou,

GREAT POST! It's all true!

It makes us stop and think! :)

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

13. You find it sincere to be told which questions to ask, and what answers to give.

steve

• Terry
    Terry

Wonderful reading.

I think it would make a great poster or Billboard.

That's it!

Imagine renting a large billboard with these on it across from the entrace of the local Kingdom Hall.

Ahhhhh.

T

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Yeah, and you have no problem separating yourself from the "world" just like the "infidels" or the "gentiles". Good summary

• Shining One
    Shining One

..............believe we were created from dirt.

We are all carbon life forms, Nicolation!

.........of course reasonable people feel insulted when 'science' claims, without proof, that all life comes from a great cosmic accident, that was itself had no cause, then single cell organisms appeared (but we don't know how), which changed to minor life forms, then to fish, to amphibians, to lizards, to mammals to mankind and we only have six thousand years of recorded history!
    Oh, but man has been around for how many thousands of years yet recorded not hisoty of all of that time. Talk about believing in 'pink invisible unicorns'! I thought science used observations and measurment to discover truths? Popular bad science has a naturalist world-view that begins with this axiom: no supernatural events have occured nor can occur, yet the very basis for naturalism and it's main theology, evolution needs supernatural events (not unlike miracles) to have even occurred!

The rest of your post follows along the same lines. Quit trying to impress people by imitating the rest of the agnostics here. BTW, you do need some reading into Biblical interpretation if you are going to critique scripture.

Rex

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Spot on! I was def one of those! So glad to be free!!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Shining One

Slow down, take a deep breath and put your spell-checker on.

reasonable people feel insulted when 'science' claims, without proof, that all life comes from a great cosmic accident

I'm no scientist and neither, I would guess, are you. Even so, it is laughable to suggest that scientific claims are made 'without proof'. Proof is offered. You can choose to deny it, ignore it, rubbish it or face it. If you believe it is wrong you might even make the effort needed to offer a counter argument. In short you could refute it with your own 'proof'.

For example, what proof do you offer for your outrageous statement;

we only have six thousand years of recorded history!

Frankly I'm not sure we have anywhere near that amount of recorded history, natural history certainly, evidence of human existence that extends back well beyond 6000 years? Sure. Recorded history? I don't think so but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Popular bad science has a naturalist world-view that begins with this axiom: no supernatural events have occured nor can occur, yet the very basis for naturalism and it's main theology, evolution needs supernatural events (not unlike miracles) to have even occurred

The axiom you deride is actually a very good one 'no supernatural events have occurred nor can occur'. By definition, a supernatural event is something beyond nature, not just something we cannot at present understand. 200 years ago a radio may have appeared to be a 'supernatural' apparatus but with modern scientific knowledge we understand the natural processes that make this 'miracle' happen.

Evolution does not need supernatural events to have occurred, natural processes appear to provide clues as to how life started - don't ask me to do your research for you.

And by the way, you appear to have completely missed the point of statement 9 "You feel insulted and 'dehumanized' when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt."

Of course we are carbon life forms, one thing that evolutionists, atheists and creationists hold in common is that the stuff of our bodies and of all plants and animals is derived from the planet we live on - our difference is on how that 'stuff' got be arranged the way it is.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

News Results

Page 1 of 31 results containing jehovah's witness (0.18 seconds)

Results

Your masterpiece is up on the MSN news wire with attributions and hyperlink to JWD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit