Love is NOT a Human Need

by logansrun 61 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Perfect brain? You asked about perfect "mind".

How are you defining "perfect"? In a Nazi-eugenic kinda way, or as in "fit for purpose". Thusfar my brain and mind have been perfect for all that I have applied them to. One of my main needs is adaptability, and to that end I have found them more than adequately satisfactory.

He also might have expected you to wake up and recirprocate...

And yet I didn't respond. Further, rather than continue and attempt to wake me, he just wandered off. Methinks my example hits one of a few achilles heels in your theory.

Even a person who willingly dies for another gains something from his so-called "selfless" act. That is, the positive feelings he has prior to giving his life for others.

I disagree. Many selfless acts are engaged in without thinking. Ergo, no reward to contemplate, since they occured in a reactionary moment, with no prior experience upon which to be based.

Ross wrote: I'll give a second, more mystical example.Bradley wrote: I'm not going to go there...

Why? Are you limiting your thinking? Is your mind/brain not up to the adaptability challenge?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Believe me, people living on the edge of subsistence don't make up needs. Such leisure is reserved for college students and princes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit