What REALLY is Hell?

by defd 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hell = 5 Meetings a week, going out in field service, and attending a district convention at the Vet in Philadelphia in the heat of Summer.

• anewme
    anewme

The subject of death is one of the most serious of discussions men can have.
    What a person believes about death and any hereafter affects how life is lived.

The JWs believe that hell is the grave, a sleeplike condition and any ressurrection from it depends on the call of Christ.
    To the JW to defy the Watchtower organization in any way means to defy Christ himself and so it is believed one is in a precarious position after death.
    In fear of the loss of a resurrection millions are now slaves of and strapped to a manmade organiziation that has evolved and changed over the years to become the beheamoth borg calling itself "Mother".

To retain the hope of a ressurrection and ultimate paradise this borg would have its members believe that whatever "new light" or insight it comes up with is from the supreme being himself, handed down through the angels, through a group of men. If they added another meeting and a new avenue of Field Service, like internet witnessing or pulled children from schools altogether this would become mandatory in order to obtain a ressurrection from "hell" or the grave. Whatever changes they make in the future will become imperative to obey in order to be ressurrected and see the paradise. The blackmail never ends.

To be left in the grave, never to see life again is such a painful prospect for humans they will do anything to avoid such a fate.........even cutoff their family members who question.

I used to believe that God kept a count of all my works, that in the end there would be an accounting. Now, according to the JW, it does not matter what good I do anymore. I am the walking dead, waiting for Gods execution.
    Who can believe this?? Everybody I've told how I got disfellowshipped and why thinks the JW are absolute rubbish! Their sense of justice is outraged!!! The JW act like the sons of Jacob who slew Schechem and his family! Cruel. I have always wondered how Jacob would have handled things differently.
    Anyway, I am going to get bumped off my server if I dont post this. Sorry about the rambling.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

How about that trinity? Is Jesus really god? lol.

• myelaine
    myelaine

If you look at the prophetic book of Daniel, and see Neb's furnace, well....it fried the "guards".

michelle

• Tez
    Tez

Hell is the place my partner keeps telling me he is going to when he gets really p****d off with me trying to explain the beliefs I had as a JW, his imagination of it is much more exciting, he thinks, than my view of the new system!! Trouble is he doesn't think I'm gonna go there with him!!!

• myelaine
    myelaine

Also notice that the three friends had on a full set of clothes + hat, yet there is also mention of "other garments". Could these other garments be the garments that we ourselves are asked to put. Daniel and his friends looked forward to the promise just like some look back to Jesus. They could be the same garments that save from the same kind furnace.

michelle

p.s. and if that is the case....we'd better watch what kind of food we eat, and who cooks it too!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hell is an explination for this:

alt

alt

alt

steve

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear stevenyc,

maybe God put that there as a visual explaination of hell for us.

michelle

• M.J.
    M.J.

An objective look at the NT reveals the belief in an afterlife and ultimate punishment in Gehenna, known as hell. But the implications of this go against the sensibilities of many, for obvious reasons. This led to CT Russell's attraction to the Adventists, who offered elaborately packaged speculation on how one could explain away all references to the afterlife and punishment. So this is a case of sentiment taking precedence over a plain reading of scripture. In fact, all the WTS arguments against such a concept appeal more to sentiment than to scripture.

Many others, even in pretty mainstream Christianity, have taken the route of conditionalism, which isn't such a blatant departure from scripture, but takes a bit of the edge off the concept of hell by rejecting the notion of eternal punishment. The 2nd death, when the bad guys are thrown into Gehenna, results in annihilation. Indeed, they do seem to have some statements in scripture that seem to back this, like Matt. 10:28--"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

• heathen
    heathen

I think the WTBTS said hell was from the greek word hades which back in the time of the apostles meant the common grave of mankind but later when dante wrote about the inferno the meaning changed to an underworld run by satan in which evil people are continuously punished for their sins . The bible is very difficult to understand when talking about the state of dead people because it uses alot of symbolism such as the second death and the smoke of torment rising to the heavens for eternity . Of course even the word torment can be taken to mean being tortured or being imprisoned . rev 14:9-12 .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit