What are you like when you don't get enough sleep?

by Crumpet 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

How much sleep do you need generally? if you don't get enough sleep - what are you like the next day?

Does how you behave reflect the reason you didn't get enough sleep blatantly to others?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'm a real bastard when I wake up from not having much sleep.

But on those times when I haven't slept for a while (like now, it's 2:32 am), my mind is always more creative and life makes sense. Nevermind the fact that I can barely form a cogent sentence now (the peak of my intellect is around 1 am).

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I usually try not to take my frustrations out on others, but if I don't get enough sleep I want to be left alone. Typing on message boards is ok, but using my physical mouth takes too much effort when I'm tired because you actually have to concentrate on what the other person is saying.

At least on message boards we can pick and choose what we respond to, and if what we type makes little sense it doesn't matter as much.

• miss_ellie
    miss_ellie

i dont usually need much around 5 hours...well am saying this because i never get much more than this!!!!!

IF I DECIDE TO DO AN ALL NIGHTER I USUALLY GET THROUGH THE PAST TIRED STAGE BUT MY SKIN SUFFERS!!

ELLIE X

• Ellie
    Ellie

I need 9 hours sleep a night, any less than that I become easily irritated and have sore eyes, any more than that and I become light headed and weak.

I had a baby a few days ago but so far so good, she sleeps really well and my partner has taken time off work so he does the night feeds, not sure how I'll manage when he goes back to work next week though.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I get off to a slow start if I'm really tired and it can feel like half my brain is actually still asleep.

• under74
    under74

I need to sleep until I wake up without the alarm...it varies. Most the time though 5 hours will do. Without it, not only am I a bitch but later inthe day I can't speak very well...not just the normal long pauses I take to think....super long pauses and then I can't remember what I was supposed to be thinking about and I tend to slur in my speach a bit mor than normal (without liquor).

On top of that, I usually have a little discoloration under my eyes--the doctor calls it allergy shiners (pollen is bad for me) even if it's not that bad. BUT when I haven't got enough sleep it can look like I've been punched in both eyes. Some friends say it doesn't look the way I see it but I've had strangers ask about it on bad, sleepless days.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    What are you like when you don't get enough sleep?

Sleepy

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Most the time though 5 hours will do.

When I worked nights, I could also get by on 4 or 5 hours.

I've been off night shift for two years while taking classes, and now I sleep in spurts. I don't think I've gotten more than 4 hours in a row for months...

If I try to go to bed at 11pm or midnight, I'm up by at least 3:00am until daybreak, then go back to sleep until it's time to go to school.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Snow white was feeling sleepy but she got fed up with that and decided to feel some of the other dwarfs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit