Dinosaurs On The Ark...LOL

by Valis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Several years ago there was a Noah's Ark miniseries on TV. My husband and I turned it on out of curiosity, and I vividly recall that when the animals were walking up the ramp to board, as a pair of lobsters, yes LOBSTERS, made their way onto the ship my husband looked at the TV and said a very exasperated "NO" and promptly switched the channel.

To this day, when he loses interest in something because he just cannot suspend his disbelief, he says "They had me until the lobsters...."

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

: "They had me until the lobsters...."

thats going to be may phrase of the month!

steve

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Me too! That's a great phrase, LOL!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    If they were on the ark, then why aren't they around now?

Well, see, first the brontosauruses started playing hopscotch on the poop deck and knocked off a couple of dodo birds, and then after the T-rex ate the two unicorns, Noah said "Alright, you guys -- OFF THE BOAT!!!"

And the rest is petroleum history.

Nina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What I'd like to know is WTF was a Tyrannosaurus Rex doing in the Garden of Eden?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What I'd like to know is WTF was a Tyrannosaurus Rex doing in the Garden of Eden?

LOL! either tearing little lambs to shreds, or eating grass with the cobra.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

T-Rex was eating grass, of course. They didn't have lawnmowers, after all.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, then, God was pretty stupid for creating T. rex with the wrong kind of teeth for eating grass!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What I'd like to know is WTF was a Tyrannosaurus Rex doing in the Garden of Eden? EXACTLY it was my point that I was trying to make earlier on - with a T Rex on board (well a pair actually) the ark, the other animlas would not have lasted much longer than a few days

But Noahs ark is a lovely story/fable you have to admit

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

And of every living creature of every sort of flesh, two of each, you will bring into the ark to preserve them alive with you. Male and female they will be. 20 Of the flying creatures according to their kinds and of the domestic animals according to their kinds, of all moving animals of the ground according to their kinds, two of each will go in there to you to preserve them alive. 21 And as for you, take for yourself every sort of food that is eaten; and you must gather it to yourself, and it must serve as food for you and for them.”

Every sort of food stuff, that's a lot.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit